Genny Wanted

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Fergal,

We have new 15 KvA generators for sale they cost £2500 + vat. Our stock of hire gene's should be in soon and coming up for sale. Will keep you informed on prices

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

Jeez this machine business isn't cheap is it!! £2.5k + vat just for the genny!!

Is it really worth the spend men I mean ritmos, around £10k with all the set up..

Plus the ongoing maintenance cost

Surely for it to be worth the cost you would need whole estates to spray!

If you employ a labourer you will pay him let's say 250 a week?thats 12000 a year.with a machine and everything you need to start you off spraying,there's the cost of the set up.
I used to have a guy on the mixer and another carrying buckets up the ladder.now I have a apprentice operating the machine,1 spraying,1 ruling.:)

Once you get the machine bug your like a heroine addict, spent all day using machine then all nite glued to the plasterers forum!!!!!

If you employ a labourer you will pay him let's say 250 a week?thats 12000 a year.with a machine and everything you need to start you off spraying,there's the cost of the set up.
I used to have a guy on the mixer and another carrying buckets up the ladder.now I have a apprentice operating the machine,1 spraying,1 ruling.:)

Still a man operating the machine..

I do see the benefits for sure but I don't see the economic benefits unless you have copious amounts to go at?

I would love a machine but couldn't justify the outlay and the maintenance cost

How many render job would you say a year would make it viable?

I do see the benefits for sure but I don't see the economic benefits unless you have copious amounts to go at?

yes sure is a waste of money having to pay someone to split bags into the machine!!!
When you say copious I guess your thinking site work?
sites would be nice but ppl do tend to want a proper job on one off outside renders, that is where I think the ritmo will pay, I have barely used mine ,mainly on inside at the moment and I have already seen that the machine eliminates an extra man and also cuts the time down to half.
So that let's me double my work load each year meaning that 10k outlay on my ritmo is a sound investment.
even if it's sick at the moment:RpS_crying:

yes sure is a waste of money having to pay someone to split bags into the machine!!!
When you say copious I guess your thinking site work?
sites would be nice but ppl do tend to want a proper job on one off outside renders, that is where I think the ritmo will pay, I have barely used mine ,mainly on inside at the moment and I have already seen that the machine eliminates an extra man and also cuts the time down to half.
So that let's me double my work load each year meaning that 10k outlay on my ritmo is a sound investment.
even if it's sick at the moment:RpS_crying:

Oh dear expensive fix?

depends what type of plasterer you are spank. if you price each job based on how long it takes you multiply by your day rate and labourers plus materials then forget it, the best you could hope for is an easy day with a machine and you will likely worry the client wont wanna pay you for half day.

Most plasterers who buy machines work on price with the attitude they want to earn bigger amounts. they will put the extra work in to get bigger paydays and can see they waste money on mixing material and putting it to the wall.(any idiot can do that) The machine is just a tool that will do that for you whenever you want and at 1 cost.

Ritmos start at about £5k for 10 K you are talking everything for all different applications.

BTW i'm not knocking either type of spread. we are all different and the former ones are usually the more popular because they have time for fun. but lets face it you dont see many old spreads so you gotta earn it while you can.

are you doing loads of sand cement bobby? When we used to do monocouche we just get one lab mixing on the scaffold

Did loads through the summer,has cooled off now so inside in the dry!!
So how did you mix it spunk,paddle?

A machine is a massive plus on larger elevations as it can eliminate the need for ugly expansion joints, just for the sake of breaking up a set.If you only do 3/4 render jobs a year then I would say no,its not worth the investment.
If you predominantly spend the summer months on exterior work,then yes a machine is a very viable investment that will not only quickly pay for itself, it will also bring in the dollars too.

I got my Monojet seconhand for a fair price with genny included. The genny at the time was £4k new and this one had on 37hrs on the clock. It has about 67hrs now. Had it since late 09.

I only do 3-4 jobs a year but it is on the jobs that warrant a machine. Those big walls like 80m2 gables done in 2 1/2 hours instead of 2 days hard slog on the trowel. It was an outlay at the time but it is kept in a heated garage and is there year in year out for when I need it. So yes a new Ritmo probably £6.5k but spread over x years and it gives you the edge on your competition when you need it. Great for mono and ocr jobs.

Plus when you get older you start to think of self preservation. Retirement is now 66. Not many can hump tons on by trowel in their 50's never mind 60's.

Status
Not open for further replies.