Future low energy homes.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincey

Private Member
There is a wide range of experience on forum..just wondered what people think best way forward future low energy homes..obviously insulation is tops.Ewi Iwi has anyone seen,used or had experience with strawbale homes.I been aware of strawbale homes in the states and seen there is some in u.k.To me they look a good option and cost but I don't know why they not took off here as a good idea.

I do work for a building company that uses sheeps wool in most of its builds. Their houses are really energy efficient, and they get some of the lowest SAPS results I've ever seen.

I do work for a building company that uses sheeps wool in most of its builds. Their houses are really energy efficient, and they get some of the lowest SAPS results I've ever seen.
What area is that in ,sounds good

One disadvantage of using straw is that they can be blown down easily by angry wolves.

It helps if you build a moat around your house and fill it with hungry alligators, that really messes with those nutty wolves.

I heard about some people building straw bale homes on the islands around here, never worked on one though. I ought to look into the plastering part of them. It sure is nice to work up in the San Juan Islands. http://www.ecobuildingpulse.com/new...land-washington-look-to-achieve-zero-energy_o
Good article i seen this and think it's a good idea as the bales can all be locally sourced where ever they are to be built and for plasterers there is still plenty of work to do on them inside and out
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(11).jpg
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(11).jpg
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(6).jpg

I went to a build show a couple of years ago and there was a dude there who does the clay plasters and lime for inside and out all seemed good I forgot the company name but when I left(I mean no offence if he is on forum)I thought if good plasterers used that gear they could make it look spot on

I like the idea of straw houses watched a few grand designs with them and the n shaping them with chain saws :)
If I managed to get a little plot of land I would love to build myself one not big ,just big enough no bills..ground source heat pumps single storey building..then there is less hoovering to do

Status
Not open for further replies.