Full mesh coverage, or just stress areas? Johnstones silicon enhanced

Fancydan

Hi,
I'm getting a 200sq m bungalow rendered with Johnstones Silicon enhanced 1.5 render.

The guy has quoted to use re-enforcing mesh at all stress areas... is this the correct application of Johnstones render?
Or should he be meshing the whole house?

Thanks

Johnstone's thin coat 100-percent fully meshed system, did you accept a quotation stating stress points only

Johnstone's thin coat 100-percent fully meshed system, did you accept a quotation stating stress points only
Not yet... quote is pretty vague. Think I will email so he confirms what exactly I will be getting.
Looks like I need full mesh on the house... with reinforcing mesh additionally.
Thanks

The op doesn’t state new build or refurbishment?

New build with 7.5n blocks and one coat render then stress patches on opening corners will suffice or even good hard crack free bricks but usually it is common practice on refurb work to fully mesh.

Ive seen on a certain social media group, that someone has quoted £2400 for 200sm of base and mesh and 1.5mm top, I wonder if your the customer there speaking of :X3:

If it's Johnstone's thin coat spec it's high performance base coat fully meshed primed and top coated if it's hack off refurb it's key coat primer high performance base coat fully meshed primed topcoat BBA certificate spec.

Why can’t you just scratch and top coat like the good old days? mesh any cracks.

Think there is too much money involved with extra material that isn’t needed
Average semi-detached 100-150 metres about
2 grand materials cost I wouldn't say that's a lot of money I regularly go on jobs where a window costs that much

Just think that all this mesh n thin coat is a good earner for the suppliers. I drive past 2 houses that I rendered traditionally 25 years ago and they look 100 times better than the krend/mono/thin coat houses down the road. I would scratch n top any day of the week over these new render systems

Just think that all this mesh n thin coat is a good earner for the suppliers. I drive past 2 houses that I rendered traditionally 25 years ago and they look 100 times better than the krend/mono/thin coat houses down the road. I would scratch n top any day of the week over these new render systems
Nothing wrong with s&c as long as it's in ocr form so I can spray it I'd s**t my self if I had to get the hawk out on a full house now.

Nothing wrong with s&c as long as it's in ocr form so I can spray it I'd s**t my self if I had to get the hawk out on a full house now.
Get the cement mixer out you mean. It’s about consistency, we can’t be trusted to mix it up in a mixer anymore it comes in a bag so that it idiot proof