frost proofer /accelerator pros and cons

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

johniosaif

Private Member
Hi, for rendering obviously you wont render in the minus temps, but if it is due to freeze over night to say minus 2 to minus four , is it ok to render with this additive or not? Are the hessian cloths an extra help, the must be is my opinion, thoughts etc

I will be sitting on my butt next week ,due to the temperature ,not worth the risk to me
same here sadly,working tomorrow as it seems fair enough and possibly monday , rest of week is a no no, annoying , would love an inside job to fill in the gap...

Hi, for rendering obviously you wont render in the minus temps, but if it is due to freeze over night to say minus 2 to minus four , is it ok to render with this additive or not? Are the hessian cloths an extra help, the must be is my opinion, thoughts etc

think youve answered your own question there , ie not

think youve answered your own question there , ie not
I know what I think,just dreading the downtime, that is caused by inclement weather, clutching at straws possibly? then when its good to go you are double booked and lose another job....

I know what I think,just dreading the downtime, that is caused by inclement weather, clutching at straws possibly? then when its good to go you are double booked and lose another job....
It is a hard one to know what to do John ,as the bills keep coming in ,but if you do a render job with these temperatures and it does mess up ,you have to put it right ,which will cost you more money .I look at it there are 7 days in the week ,when the sun shines ,make hay :RpS_thumbsup:

London and South East England

Forecast Summary

• Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday

Sleet or snow showers in places Sunday then a risk of more widespread snow for a time later Monday. Brighter Tuesday but remaining very cold with snow showers in places.
A not very endearing weather report for renderers

It is a hard one to know what to do John ,as the bills keep coming in ,but if you do a render job with these temperatures and it does mess up ,you have to put it right ,which will cost you more money .I look at it there are 7 days in the week ,when the sun shines ,make hay :RpS_thumbsup:
None of us wants to do a **** job, we all have pride and sensible understandings of the pros and cons, but its damn annoying to be off, then more annoying to get jobs in when you have to return to finish the render, you want to keep your labourer and plasterer in work too or you may lose one or both, I know its worse to even attempt to work in bad weather, I would not do it...

None of us wants to do a **** job, we all have pride and sensible understandings of the pros and cons, but its damn annoying to be off, then more annoying to get jobs in when you have to return to finish the render, you want to keep your labourer and plasterer in work too or you may lose one or both, I know its worse to even attempt to work in bad weather, I would not do it...
Sometimes you just have to put your feet up and chill ,when there is f##k all you can do about it ,but knowing you have work to go back to :RpS_thumbup:

We rendered in minus 2 a couple of weeks ago and it's still on there it will only fail after you've been paid take the money and change you're name easy innit John what's you're thoughts saif

We rendered in minus 2 a couple of weeks ago and it's still on there it will only fail after you've been paid take the money and change you're name easy innit John what's you're thoughts saif
Not for me, I work in my own name, hated those s& r companies who went bankrupt and changed to r&s ..I am not stuck for money thankfully at the moment..

You're just asking out of curiosity then because in twenty odd years you still don't know you can render when it's cold

You're just asking out of curiosity then because in twenty odd years you still don't know you can render when it's cold
I assume you mean that in 20 yrs ,I do not have the knowledge that you cannot render in freezing conditions ,yes? cold is a generic term.. I, was asking if frostproofer was of any use to us when conditions were not immediately adverse to plastering but would soon be adverse due to the inclement weather ie a decrease in the ambient temperature to below freezing within the drying time of the render.. Therefore the question was if the render had set enough during the lower temperature with the aid of accelerator and having frost proofer additive would that be satisfying enough or not ie work of a professional standard. I hope this simplifies it for you...

Frostproofer is not an accelerator it turns the water in a mix to gel so it's impermeable to frost

John in answer to your previous spill I would not advise rendering in less than 3 degrees and 5 degrees with monocouche and thin coat renders but after 20 years of experiencincing adverse and inverse temps I'm sure you'd know this

Frostproofer is not an accelerator it turns the water in a mix to gel so it's impermeable to frost
Accelerator & Frostproofer is a liquid additive formulated to accelerate setting and hardening times of mortar, concretes, screeds and rendering to provide frost protection during the setting period. Effective even in sub-zero temperatures and can also be used in normal temperatures where a rapid set is required and as a plugging admixture.
Is this product then akin to waterproofer/plasticiser in one? as in cancelling each other out?

Buy some and read the back you cannot add to a mix with waterproofer or plastisciser

Why do you think you can't add it to a plasterciser John with 20 years experience and sponging isnt professional

when we where working in europe years ago. the building workers, pay into an insurance so that if the temperature falls and work cannot be carried out they receive a basic wage. so unlike us they pray for bad weather!

when we where working in europe years ago. the building workers, pay into an insurance so that if the temperature falls and work cannot be carried out they receive a basic wage. so unlike us they pray for bad weather!
Imagine what amount we would need to pay to cover the lay off period....scary

Could cost a bit in the Uk Malc ,but i like the idea ,every plasterer would be pricing for outside work in the winter :RpS_thumbup:

It should be reflected in the wage fair enough lads earning 2.50 for skimming its shite but a tenner for monocouche is a joke

at the time we where only paying about £5 per week, all the trades where complaning as they had not had a payout for about 6 years.
insurance cos. have a big say in the european building industry. ie. they where able to stop floor screeding as they had had a lot of claims for back injuries. just pumped liquid screeds now.

It should be reflected in the wage fair enough lads earning 2.50 for skimming its shite but a tenner for monocouche is a joke

payment is usually per hour , with bonus paid if you can make extra hours. an insurance claim whould give you a basic wage for the week. you where also insured if you became ill or injured at work. they had some good ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.