From Where you were to where you are now

Members online

Going on from @algeeman post on hometown....

What do you come from and where are you now....

I started my adult life with £50K of debt (failed business idea and gambling) no clear direction on where I was going and was deemed a loser by a lot of people (parents included).

Made my break when I learnt to plaster but also running a business, I was better at running a business than I was at plastering but that worked out well in the end :D

Didnt think I would be a dad or never imagined I would be a landlord or have anything of any meaning.

Going on from @algeeman post on hometown....

What do you come from and where are you now....

I started my adult life with £50K of debt (failed business idea and gambling) no clear direction on where I was going and was deemed a loser by a lot of people (parents included).

Made my break when I learnt to plaster but also running a business, I was better at running a business than I was at plastering but that worked out well in the end :D

Didnt think I would be a dad or never imagined I would be a landlord or have anything of any meaning.

you got know when to hold em
know when to fold em
know when to walk away
and know when to run !!!!

Some also need to know when to tie a knot in it lol

i just went for a piss and loudly said "what the f**k is that".
in the bedroom she shouted "what is it"
walked into the bedroom with my mickey out and said theres a lump on it ....feel that.
i was promptley told "f**k off you weirdo" :rayos:

First did plastering on work experience at 15, wanted to do it from then enrolled at accy college soon as i’d left school. Worked at an engineering company for 6 week holiday and started September 99. Worked for a bloke till I set up in 2010, opportunity is there now to go big but I don’t want to be off the tools, even though my body is telling me to. 35 now it’s wank getting old.

Parents well Nuff off, self made though, I stayed and done a levels, more to try please them, I had wanted go do joinery at 16 but stayed in instead, went to uni, hated it, dropped out after 3months,fell in with a woman, got her duffed, moved to Scotland with her(she was from there and was moving home,) decided to marry her. Big mistake. Done odd jobs here and there, mostly a bum, in trouble with cops etc, nothing major more just nuisance charges, finally had a fall out too many, moved back home at 21,got a labouring Job coupkd weekz after came back, and done that til got on the tools full time and that's it. Me and mate keep talking about gettin a van and goin out on our own. But whether we do or not, who knows. Feared to take the leap, more stress free life jumping into another man's van, plastering and goin home.

Grew up on council estate was lucky enough to buy my own house in my twenties, Always lived a simple life never been bothered about money , tbh I don’t even check the bank as it makes me miserable, all I care about is that my family and friends are happy and my dogs
Don’t give a monkeys about the future and live in the day that I’m in

I've parked the van round the corner so I can hide up the treehouse drinking cider and playing tekken while pissed as a cricket.
Screenshot_2018-05-01-22-14-33-1.png

I blame Vinceys old man for failing to teach me physics properly at school . So i could have invented a flux capacitor for my half built time machine and went back and told sober me to buy more cider on my way home from site today.

I've parked the van round the corner so I can hide up the treehouse drinking cider and playing tekken while pissed as a cricket.
View attachment 23252

I blame Vinceys old man for failing to teach me physics properly at school . So i could have invented a flux capacitor for my half built time machine and went back and told sober me to buy more cider on my way home from site today.

Haaha

It’s true what he says my dad said he had the potential to learn and do well but didn’t apply himself, lol he’s applying now dad that’s for sure old 10 bags

Lol
Lovely fella your old boy.
I mean mr Townsend give him my best next time you go round to collect your pocket money.

I wonder if the dominos pizza delivery driver can climb?.

Left school with nothing ,drifted into plastering ,after 10 years had a two year old astra gte wardrobe full of designer clothes and a bedroom full of top of the range hi fi gear , and 5k of cash under my bed , got married and had 3 kids , drive a 5 year old audi and get my clothes from next .

Left school with nothing ,drifted into plastering ,after 10 years had a two year old astra gte wardrobe full of designer clothes and a bedroom full of top of the range hi fi gear , and 5k of cash under my bed , got married and had 3 kids , drive a 5 year old audi and get my clothes from next .
:D

Asrtra gte.... what a weopon of a car

ah the squished cavalier :D I preferred the Calibra :D

i was working in cumbria....i live in lancs.
that f**k**g car used to scare me the power it had.
just roared past everything.
squeeze that peddle and gone mate.
great brakes steering the lot ...amazing machine.
joy riders paradise in ireland !!
got rid of it when it kept cutting out for no reason....on the motorway.
best car ive ever drove.

i was working in cumbria....i live in lancs.
that f**k**g car used to scare me the power it had.
just roared past everything.
squeeze that peddle and gone mate.
great brakes steering the lot ...amazing machine.
joy riders paradise in ireland !!
got rid of it when it kept cutting out for no reason....on the motorway.
best car ive ever drove.

I really do miss the old car days....

When if you got home without being caught speeding you were safe... now you have that 14 day wait and dash cams and all that crap...

The fun out of driving like a t**t has been taken away

i bought my gte cause i liked the dash board , i spent more time looking at the dash than the road tbh

Left school with no qualifications, short spell inside. In and out of Plastering along with the recesion of 89 and a few jobs, and making money in a few not so legal ways, married 28 years, with a nice house in the countryside and a good way of life, been ups and downs along the way, but mostly ups.

Left school with no qualifications, short spell inside. In and out of Plastering along with the recesion of 89 and a few jobs, and making money in a few not so legal ways, married 28 years, with a nice house in the countryside and a good way of life, been ups and downs along the way, but mostly ups.

You have never been inside!!!