Footwear

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeD

Private Member
What do you guys wear in domestic properties...

I was looking at bying some cheap wellies - easy to clean, take off etc.

also do you take 2 pairs on shoes one for working and one for tidying up, driving home...not that i make that much mess! ;)

yeah trainers, u want to wear comfortable footwear, because your always on the move.

i think wellies would make your feet sweat, and probably look a bit silly.

I wouldn't go down the wellie route mate. Apart from looking like an extra on Emmerdale, they just ain't practical when getting on and off your hop-up etc.

Drop a bit of gear inside them by mistake and you might have to have them surgically removed once it's set  :eek: ;D

decorater mate of mine buys those plastic over shoe thingies, (look like little shower caps) puts em on whenever he has to walk thru the house. i think he gets em from lakelands or betterware.

You're a bloody jinx you lot - Having read the thread last night I was a strong advocate of trainers as mentioned - However, today I jumped off my hop up straight onto a 2 inch galvanised nail which proceeded to slice through the sole of my Adidas Superstars and bury itself nearly an inch into my foot - Words cannot describe the horror of seeing the nail head 'flush' to the sole of my shoe, knowing the rest of it was inside my foot ! In short, my foot has swollen to twice its normal size, is throbbing like a b*stard and I have an appointment at the Docs this evening for a Tetanus jab just to be on the safe side - Be lucky !

You're a bloody jinx you lot - Having read the thread last night I was a strong advocate of trainers as mentioned - However, today I jumped off my hop up straight onto a 2 inch galvanised nail which proceeded to slice through the sole of my Adidas Superstars and bury itself nearly an inch into my foot - Words cannot describe the horror of seeing the nail head 'flush' to the sole of my shoe, knowing the rest of it was inside my foot ! In short, my foot has swollen to twice its normal size, is throbbing like a b*stard and I have an appointment at the Docs this evening for a Tetanus jab just to be on the safe side - Be lucky !
OUCH nothing worse mate :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

lol sorry to hear that m8...think its happened to us all at some point, never forget the time it happened to me trod on some skirting i'd ripped off nail went straight into my foot...my gfriend at the time was stood their pissing herself for about 10 minutes while i tried to get over the pain...bitch.  :'(

Old pair of Prada americas cup trainers for me :) comfy but the rubber on the soles is thick enough and screws etc dont go through them! ideal. £180 but having a bit of a shoe fetish hav 8 pairs and use my oldest pair :p peace out!

trainers for domestic, use them 3 foot x 12 foot dust sheets wherever you gonna walk in the house, slow down a bit, charge at least double site rates and get yer finish bang on..

globe_asbo_wht_choc_500.jpg

comfy as owt, nice and easy to slip on n off for when ive gotta go out in the peeing rain to mix up n wash buckets, in which case i have another pair of old skate shoes, then again all i ever have on my feet is either skate shows, boots for college or smart brown shoes as the ladies seem to like them :p

Domestic work - Cover EVERYTHING! They won't thank you for puttin plaster anywhere else apart from on the walls or ceiling that you're doing. Bit old school but I always wear leather sole shoes, just an old pair of slip on leather shoes. Looks better, Water doesn't soak through the top, bit more protection from things stickin in ya feet, no tread on the bottom means I don't pick up muck off of the floor and walk it through their house, just scrape any shite off easy. And if ya worried about having no tread on the bottom of ya shoes and slipping on the floor in their house - Ya droppin too much!

reebok classics for me with plaster laces!
;D
me too! Im just wearing in the next pair i got for my birthday, the old uns are gettin a bit crispy so the new ones are gonna have to take over soon... reebok classics forever man :D

Trainer steel toe caps skimming boots for rendering as ground is all ways uneven and saves breaking your ankles, in Holland they had slip on steelies for domestic easy to get on and off

Steel toe caps always now, stopped wearing trainers after I jumped off trestles and landed straight on a nail!! Took a claw hammer to pull it out (which I regretted) then foot swelled up and couldn't walk for a few days!!

Steel toe caps always now, stopped wearing trainers after I jumped off trestles and landed straight on a nail!! Took a claw hammer to pull it out (which I regretted) then dick swelled up and couldn't wank for a few days!!

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.