Floating

leepaz

Hi all just wondering if any1 has floated in 2 different things on 1 wall I got full downstairs of a house to float but builders saying 1.halfm high in limelight and then top half in browning i have not done much floating before but thought this was pretty stupid ? Cheers

How you gonna float in two different materials batten half way round and float to it? Or just do it half and half and hope you get it right? Blow it out if you ain't done much floating before sounds a nightmare and ain't even my job

How you gonna float in two different materials batten half way round and float to it? Or just do it half and half and hope you get it right? Blow it out if you ain't done much floating before sounds a nightmare and ain't even my job
How's he going to rule it has ha hilarious

I was thinking the batten it and do half and half I don't no the best way to go about it . If the guy dint give me a lot of work I would of just knocked it on the head this one

I was thinking the batten it and do half and half I don't no the best way to go about it . If the guy dint give me a lot of work I would of just knocked it on the head this one
If it's a remod I wouldn't do the top half in browning it's the builder being a tight arse with the limelight do the lot in sand and cement

Your the plasterer you should be advising on the best way to do it.

If he wants lime lite I'm guessing there's been a damp issue.

No way would I out browning anywhere near it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one would spec that I wouldn't think any way blow it out regardless of how much work he gives you

Your the plasterer you should be advising on the best way to do it.

If he wants lime lite I'm guessing there's been a damp issue.

No way would I out browning anywhere near it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I said different ways to do it but it's a builder who contracts for the council and get all nobs in suits n Boots given you there s**t specs and know nothing !!

Nice to see your using the forum,
How you keeping ,me old mate .sounds like a right s**t job,see much of george

Ye iv used limelight only mt high tho it's Alryt to work with I thought
We did a load of houses with it which walls were pretty wet damp issues and we used limelite from bottom to top..never heard of doing half half tbh..be a rite ball ache are u on day rate?

Reactions: Djr
We did a load of houses with it which walls were pretty wet damp issues and we used limelite from bottom to top..never heard of doing half half tbh..be a rite ball ache are u on day rate?
Ye on a day rate this house int even damp not 1 bit anywhere so it's just silly really

Try and blag them it will crack where the two materials meet? Otherwise split it into sections and rule off timbers. On the plus side if you set it all out right your walls will be bang on plumb.

Float room browning hardwall watever your using when rubbing up cut off straightish then float your limelite into it , I did a few years on one site doing same thing, finish was harder to do skim top carlite and skim bottom with high impact,two different setting times absolute nightmare

Float room browning hardwall watever your using when rubbing up cut off straightish then float your limelite into it , I did a few years on one site doing same thing, finish was harder to do skim top carlite and skim bottom with high impact,two different setting times absolute nightmare

3rd day skim it a wall at a time ....should only take an hour a wall !!