Floating hardwall

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggb plasterers

Advice please have a large hardwall and set job coming up, whenever I've done the odd wall I've ruled off then put a devil scratch over, I this the best option or any other methods? Cheers

Use a straight edge for ruling mate it may look flat with a speed skim but if you put a edge on the wall once gone off you know the difference between the two, I use a plastic diamond float for floating hardwall there nice to use try one.

Use a straight edge for ruling mate it may look flat with a speed skim but if you put a edge on the wall once gone off you know the difference between the two, I use a plastic diamond float for floating hardwall there nice to use try one.
I always use a feather edge mate, where can you get these diamond floats

Yep feather edge and devil float for me, lash on in the morning, turn round and skim in the afternoon, or a light pva the next day to control the suction or not if you like sweating and have arms like Popeye !

Love skimming over a floated wall.... but when they suck like he'll it's hard graft haha... I don't like that

I think you need at least 3 men to work with hardwall on a decent size job.
Float til 10, 1 man skim that set, another carries on floating til lunch then the afternoon to skim the 2nd set. Third man is helping out both spreads.

I've no bother working on my own with hardwall, enjoy it.
Float until 11 and then two small gauges.
I guarantee if those three men worked separately, they would have a lot more work done.
Do you use a machine though, I should of stated that.

wait till the hardwalls gone hard but not set and rub it up with a wet sponge float, or sponge it like sand and cement render with a yellow sponge. Hardwalls too sticky to rub up with a regular float.

Rule it off then devil scratch and some times a waffle when it's nearly just incase there any high spots prefer sand cement and skim tbh

I cant stand floating any more.....units your doing always seem damp.
The smells horrible ...the dust...the setting up (beads bags water etc).
Cleaning up twice in 1 day.

Soaking walls on thermo walls.
Concrete walls not setting.

Urgghhh. Dont miss them days.

As a plasterer working for a damp firm. Nearly all I do is float and set. S+c and skim. I would love a couple of hundred metres of just full height work to go at. Just a change
From the normal bottom metre

I cant stand floating any more.....units your doing always seem damp.
The smells horrible ...the dust...the setting up (beads bags water etc).
Cleaning up twice in 1 day.

Soaking walls on thermo walls.
Concrete walls not setting.

Urgghhh. Dont miss them days.

lol those damp rooms and the tench of your farts the day after

I see floating as proper plastering.
Builders have nicked boarding off us... but they can't float up.
New spreads coming onto the scene only get to skim day in day out. Its tragic.

Bloody love sand and cement me.... love my days with the radio on full pelt just spreading and ruling off as quickly as the bucket bitch can mix it.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.