Float and Set the only way

Affraid to say, if a fresh bit of Board thats fixed well cant be skimmed its poor, as for shining lights etc, thats just cantish.

I’ve had a dreadful day of this bullshit, spent the entire day snagging my work mates skimming, site agent shining lights over walls complaining and now I’ve found myself in the awkward position of snagging all the skimming, luckily none of it is my work but I feel awful shining lights over my mates walls finding and rectifying fault. I’m actually pretty unhappy about the situation but the decorators are stirring s**t up and now the customer is involved along with the project management, everyone looking to point fingers and blame. It’s unreasonable to point fluorescent lights at walls in funny angles? What are the guidelines for this sort of thing?

They can't put a light down walls to inspect them. And if there is a light going down a wall. They have to tell u where it's going and supply you with a light to put where the light is going as u skim the wall. Get gypsum to send u there guidelines on lighting. It will be fine. Don't sort anything out if u can't see it from the centre of the room. Or at the door into the room.

Frustrating.

For the majority of board work I skim, I've fitted it. Either done the studwork, or dabbed the boards. If I'm not skimming it then i still take care...because I'm usually responsible for the fit and finish of the finished job so why would I compromise the outcome with s**t prep.

I think until you get on the trowel yourself or get into tiling, then you have no clue as to what its like to follow s**t work, or understand the next stage of the process.
Unfortunately, some people still wouldn't care!

I’ve had a dreadful day of this bullshit, spent the entire day snagging my work mates skimming, site agent shining lights over walls complaining and now I’ve found myself in the awkward position of snagging all the skimming, luckily none of it is my work but I feel awful shining lights over my mates walls finding and rectifying fault. I’m actually pretty unhappy about the situation but the decorators are stirring s**t up and now the customer is involved along with the project management, everyone looking to point fingers and blame. It’s unreasonable to point fluorescent lights at walls in funny angles? What are the guidelines for this sort of thing?
Yeah it is unreasonable and the light shows up every tiny little thing in it. Seems to be if some one has it in for the plasterers, or even the plaster firm, they can make life difficult. In all honesty, my boss goes round and checks ours from time to time, he has portable led lights and it's a F*****g curse, so just have to try to make sure he has nothing to moan about. He has eased off, everyone there has been there a while now, so he trusts us now. When worked in other squads would sometimes leave us there snagging, and it was embarrassing having to snag other men's work, as other trades coming up and asking what happened etc as in why the f**k up, and it not our f**k up in first place. Had to redo 2 gables some price squads done a few years ago. Really embarrassing that was....

Frustrating.

For the majority of board work I skim, I've fitted it. Either done the studwork, or dabbed the boards. If I'm not skimming it then i still take care...because I'm usually responsible for the fit and finish of the finished job so why would I compromise the outcome with s**t prep.

I think until you get on the trowel yourself or get into tiling, then you have no clue as to what its like to follow s**t work, or understand the next stage of the process.
Unfortunately, some people still wouldn't care!

F*****g joke, we get block walls that are neither straight nor plum, door frames running off and not in line, windows that are fired in, off plum and frames buckled. Asked to make it right, or hide it best as possible, and of there is an imperfection they jump on us. Where we're they to snag brickys, joiners, boarders, window men etc

We follow some builders and they use as much board as poss . As in a 2.4 x 2 .4 wall could be one with 20 of cuts of board. Takes a age to tape and we have to pack all joints with skim to get rid of steps in boards

What’s up with all you winging Moaning bastards ..for fucks sake who gives a s**t what the back ground looks like..stop acting like a bunch of minges decent spreads don’t give a s**t if someone else has done the boarding price it..get it done then take the money;)

What’s up with all you winging Moaning bastards ..for fucks sake who gives a s**t what the back ground looks like..stop acting like a bunch of minges decent spreads don’t give a s**t if someone else has done the boarding price it..get it done then take the money;)
Then get a call down the line that your work has failed and they want to blame the plasterer.

??and..if I’m going over the top of someone else’s shite then explain to the customer the situation any decent Plasterer gets over an background it’s as simple as that..ask the majority of old school spreads and they will all say the same thing..;)