First spray with Bennu X-15 Spray Gun

Members online

FreeD

Private Member
Pic of our first spray with Bennu Spray Gun, nice bit of kit.

Weber OCR topped with K Rend TC15 in Sky Blue.

IMG_3287.jpg

Looks good @FreeD
How are those bennu guns better than a hopper gun?
Aren't they £550 + vat + compressor + hoses + cordless?

They look a tight finish but they look like hardwork compared to the eze, you have the hopper the gun the air I can imagine they are a pain in the arse if you are in tight spaces and bad scaffold which 9 out of 10 times it is. Also I do quiet a lot of ceilings and over hangs so not sure how that would work.

Tell ya what though free d it looks well smart, wouldn't surprise me if you end up working your way through the rest of the street off that job.

They look decent, I've heard hopper guns are a heavy finish but these seem to be on the face of it at least.. A machine finish with a hand held hopper..

Bet you don't need a massive compressor with it either, saving of £1200 there..

What comp is needed @FreeD ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good @FreeD
How are those bennu guns better than a hopper gun?
Aren't they £550 + vat + compressor + hoses + cordless?

The main difference is you can control the speed of the material using the drill, needs to be variable speed. You need to move quick when spraying between 1500 and 2000rpm and it flies it on. For reveals or detail areas you just spray on at low speed and its perfect can get in all tight spaces. No problem around scaffold, no need to get machine on scaffold as you can have air pipe as long as you need.

I've got this compressor...https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-tiger-161010-3hp-100-litre-air-compres/

Once the air is set on the regulator theres no more messing aorund you can spray for the rest of the day.

I over head would be a problem if you are doing alot as it is gravity fed, no problem for under the bellcasts etc.

For under a grand you can get setup with this gun, only advice I have as I saw Rich do on Youtube is cover the gun and hopper with some window protection film, as it does get covered and when it's hot it's nightmare to clean!! and wear gloves, otherwise your finger will be tingling for weeks!

Tell ya what though free d it looks well smart, wouldn't surprise me if you end up working your way through the rest of the street off that job.

Was a tricky one, timber lintel had to be replaced, lintel put in where arch had collapsed, new brickwork, new waste stack, stone cills replaced with plastic, re pointing, dubbing out. Hard work but happy with the result :)

Just checked my compressor and it's actually a 60 litre not 100 litre as link posted above. Doesn't look like they do a 60 anymore closest is 50. If you have a large compressor you can run x2 guns off it.