finished house

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin

Private Member
just finished this job after 4 months of sh@t weather, pro rend prep fully meshed with silicone top coat ;D

chinnor001.jpg

chinnor002.jpg

chinnor007.jpg

chinnor008.jpg

chinnor009.jpg

chinnor005.jpg

McPlaster said:
Looks the business Merlin, what does the fella do for a living,? He must be robbing someone!
beleive it or not a farmer,lol proper posh one too, public accent ;D

he's been watching grand designs, looks a bit like the art deco one on there.......propper quality finish that mate. Nice to see real skill with the modern renders. How did you form the raised band if you don't mind me asking?

nice one ;D, raised band was already there in brick work, it was sh@t to bead would rather have done it with hard angles would have got it straighter, the beading took two of us a week to do :'(

i'm with richardbrown rough as a badgers cock mate and you should have cleaned the scaffold ....dont blame the scaffolders for your mess lol

nah only joking looks tidy ...ish lol

Wow that looks amazing...Is that an acrylc thin coat finish? like sto? get confused with all these morden renders, but really want to do some.

s.p.t plastering said:
Wow that looks amazing...Is that an acrylc thin coat finish? like sto? get confused with all these morden renders, but really want to do some.
yes mate pro rend colourtex silicone top coat not acrylic but just the same, plenty o companies have training seminars but tbh if your a competant spread youll be fine , theres pleanty of info on the internet about how to apply,

cheers for doing it merl I should be moving in next week bloody posche is in the garage all next week no time to move.

Yeah the scaffolders were messy as fook but I will get the mrs out to clean it up...

Danny

so that was over brickwork then merl? Prorend prep at 5mm or 10mm with mesh then primed and topped?

yeah the house was already rendered back in the 50s some of it was shot the rest was rock hard, we patched up with prep and needle gunned paint off rest, used 6mm beads so by the time they was bedded on and straightened up there was 10mm ish prep fully meshed primed and colourtex,

merlin said:
s.p.t plastering said:
yes mate pro rend colourtex silicone top coat not acrylic but just the same, plenty o companies have training seminars but tbh if your a competant spread youll be fine , theres pleanty of info on the internet about how to apply,

Yeah i know, it's just all the different names and systems..So what did you use for a base coat?....

Status
Not open for further replies.