Filling big holes

Dora

Last weekend I pulled the wallpaper off the landing walls, haven't steamed it yet, which will no doubt make it worse, but some big chunks of plaster came away... As it'll be a while before I'm ready to get the landing skimmed (3 bedrooms, bathroom and new staircase to do first ) is there something I can bung in the holes to stop them crumbling more?

Attachments

• 20200528_211921.jpg
    20200528_211921.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 212
Lot's of pva to seal. Buy small wood glue pva for the small amount you need and water down.Let it dry. Fill around edge with bonding plaster and let it set. Will harden and hold firm. Then fill the rest. Finish off with decorators filler. Sand. Paint.

Last weekend I pulled the wallpaper off the landing walls, haven't steamed it yet, which will no doubt make it worse, but some big chunks of plaster came away... As it'll be a while before I'm ready to get the landing skimmed (3 bedrooms, bathroom and new staircase to do first ) is there something I can bung in the holes to stop them crumbling more?
wrigleys chewing gum

I'd use hole filler on that.

And plenty of it

Given present supply situation - fill/pack it with paper mache, slap a bit of emulsion on it. Rip it out when your ready to do it all. Thats enough to stabilise it for now. Cheap, easy , quick, rough fix.

Given present supply situation - fill/pack it with paper mache, slap a bit of emulsion on it. Rip it out when your ready to do it all. Thats enough to stabilise it for now. Cheap, easy , quick, rough fix.

That's how you hide a shank in San Quentin

Ooh err missus!!