Feature breast

FreeD

Private Member
Just finished this one...what do you reckon...all lime render.

Attachments

• IMG_6566.jpg
    IMG_6566.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_6866.jpg
    IMG_6866.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 218
Isn't the left pier cut away to far, it doesn't seem to have support as it's been cut away beyond where the lintel is sitting

Isn't the left pier cut away to far, it doesn't seem to have support as it's been cut away beyond where the lintel is sitting

Yes, but zoom in and you'll see the the blobs of expanding foam lovingly knitting it all together.

Good old structural foam

Modern building techniques rely heavily on expanding foam. It runs hand in hand with silicon sealant and no more nails and really scratches a certain itch!
Often, when someone is shouting and beckoning me, I'll politely but firmly tell them I'm 'on the foam' and will deal with them when I've finished.

Joking aside, I did see a program on rogue builders where someone had used it to lay bricks with!

What prep was done to the bricks to stop soot coming through etc?

No prep, as theres nothing you can do if you want it to be 100% breathable. I warned the customer before hand that stains may bleed through.

I gave him the option of dry lining, but he said he wanted to see if there was ever a damp problem again.

No prep, as theres nothing you can do if you want it to be 100% breathable. I warned the customer before hand that stains may bleed through.

I gave him the option of dry lining, but he said he wanted to see if there was ever a damp problem again.

Be interesting to see how that looks over time.

Looks F*****g stupid!
Overboard the c**t & skim its 2018
It’s never too late to do that, but....... I think will look ace once the walls are done. I don’t think soot will come through , but if it does there are special paint for lime to deal with it or just lime wash it with cows s**t .

It’s never too late to do that, but....... I think will look ace once the walls are done. I don’t think soot will come through , but if it does there are special paint for lime to deal with it or just lime wash it with cows s**t .
I'd be more bothered about the fecker falling down cos that lintels supporting nothing

You beat me to it. Having to wade through seven (semi) sensible posts before I came (heh) across it, just adds insult to injury. Members (heh) are slacking.

Your taste is poor though. These are feature breasts. When I was a young man, I lived in hope that Lucy would take me under her wing and provide me with £50 a day pocket money to buy Guinness for myself while she went out being Xena and made us a fortune.

Sadly, she never got in touch.

240px-Lucy_Lawless_Spartacus.jpg

Last edited:

I thought that bu tit's not supporting anything except three courses of bricks, so you never know, it might stay up long enough to get paid.