Fantastic opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
its all simple supply and demand....

when you have every man and his dog looking for work then the prices will tumble... but when a few companies go out of business and the work picks up and there is a shortage of plasterers it will get better...

It sorts the wheat from the chaff

And looking at it we needed a bit of a recession to sort some things out... Its a cock but you can have boom without bust.... The price of houses was getting silly....

Thats just my thoughts

I've said it before and I'll say it again Danny, the supply and demand balance has been completely thrown out of the window by courses churning out wanabee spreads week in week out. If say a quarter of these coursers give it a go and struggle on for just three months trying to get established, doing a job or two a week then that's a lot of work that could be going to people that were already in the trade when things went tits up. This doesn't directly effect me as I don't do domestics but you do then find those that usually stick to domestics trying their hands at new builds because there's to much competition in the domestic market. And that's not to mention the number of immigrants, my local B&Q has become like the United Nations of the plastering world over the last six months.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Danny, the supply and demand balance has been completely thrown out of the window by courses churning out wanabee spreads week in week out. If say a quarter of these coursers give it a go and struggle on for just three months trying to get established, doing a job or two a week then that's a lot of work that could be going to people that were already in the trade when things went tits up. This doesn't directly effect me as I don't do domestics but you do then find those that usually stick to domestics trying their hands at new builds because there's to much competition in the domestic market. And that's not to mention the number of immigrants, my local B&Q has become like the United Nations of the plastering world over the last six months.

I'll 2nd that about b&q. Everyones a bloody plasterer in there. Queueing behind trollies and trollies of people buying multi. It's demoralising. Reminds you of what your up against doing domestic.

i dont find that it the courses that are trying their hands at the domestic market i find that its the site lads !! im not saying that the site lads are shite or owt but they do charge too little

i dont find that it the courses that are trying their hands at the domestic market i find that its the site lads !! im not saying that the site lads are shite or owt but they do charge too little

are you mad charging too little? your on the smelling salts there shaggy we are the ones who charge a day rate and then materials and then fuel its silly coursers that have been on the course get a mates mate job in a back bedroom and says i will do it for 100 and i will get materials they dont have a scooby doooooo.. you cant learn fook all in a week other then how to hold a broom right!!!!!!!! does my fooking head in

loads of site lads doing the domestic work on weekends and charging too cheap just to get the job

thats what is happening round here:RpS_thumbdn:

if you cant make a living plastering go and do something else, its the same principal as running any other business.

its all simple supply and demand....

when you have every man and his dog looking for work then the prices will tumble... but when a few companies go out of business and the work picks up and there is a shortage of plasterers it will get better...

It sorts the wheat from the chaff

And looking at it we needed a bit of a recession to sort some things out... Its a cock but you can have boom without bust.... The price of houses was getting silly....

Thats just my thoughts
and it,s nice of you to verse them:RpS_lol:

Make the most of it if you ask me for help I'm gonna ask for 200 lol

I gave him a days work, rough as f**k no attention to detail.

I've heard your quick as lightning and leave a quality finish spunk so what we say couple of rooms knocked out in a day for that price?

;)

Lots of site work spreads doing domestic at weekends because their prices are sh**t on site.
They will always be able to undercut us domestic spreads because 1) its cash work
2) they nick the materials from the site

i dont know a plasterer who works weekends that doesnt pay tax on his earnings....... and how do you nick materials from site never seen any1 do that either :RpS_thumbsup:

that's true site plasterers have only just started doing domestic work since the recession ....you naive little twerp

one thing for sure when everything gets back to normal and the site lads stop working on domestic jobs, us domestic lads will have loads on putting the work right the site lads have done:flapper:

yeah loads hopefully works picking up I still like to do a Saturday though it pays for fuel for the week

can you imagine the sort of plasterer this fella would get?not a very good advert for this fella !

many many firms have gone bust here in the last 3 years of this recession but the prices are still falling. they set up new companies in other names - nothing in britain to stop people running companies badly and going bust they do it over and over again.

i envy the public sector workers who talk about not having had a pay rise in 3 years so work it out as being a pay cut because the cost of living is up by about %10 since 3 years ago - compare that to spreads who have had rates halved = a straight 50% pay cut then add the cost of living.

nobody has been hit harder than measured works trades in the construction industry - no body, fact.

the gov cutting the BSF projects was a major blunder, the tories have never been good for construction as its a borrowing industry but these cuts now have took the pi55.

I am always in demand - got an 11 week old :RpS_biggrin:

pocket money? thought you was flat out dont you earn enough during the week?

has any spread earned enough in the week for the last 3 years ? ? not many i recon. if i had enough work to fit weekends in too the wife would never see me.

has any spread earned enough in the week for the last 3 years ? ? not many i recon. if i had enough work to fit weekends in too the wife would never see me.
i dont know how much you need to live on mate but working 7 days a week to pay all the bills is pants!! id move to a smaller house and stop trying to keep up with the jones. Not being funny or owt to anyone!! i live in a 2 bed terrace with a mortgage of just over £300, i could have bought a bigger house when things were good but i didnt and im glad i didnt too, im 37 and my mortgage will be paid off in 8 years at the most. What we earn pays the bills and the rest gets spent on enjoying ourselves, fook working all the time and having no fun

just my own opinion and my way of life... work to live (and enjoy) not live to work

Status
Not open for further replies.