Estimate on Cost to Plaster a 3 Bed-Semi

Just get what u can afford done then, if you have no idea of the cost , how do you know 10k is expensive? The labour and materials for 10k the plasterer will hardly be pulling up any trees , dw he ain’t gonna earn 10k in 2 weeks :rolleyes:
he should bite his hand off at 10k
There is 8.5k just to board & skim

No warning signs in trying to see how much a plastering job would be and having a tight budget. From what I have seen I had estimated prices of around 6-7 k max but I wasn't sure so yes, £10k does sound high. Maybe its not and I will have to accept that.
I am not going to run off and not pay someone, never have and never will do that so don't be so quick to judge people.
This is the first time I have had to deal with buildings works and because they mortgage we got was less then we went for it means we have had to cut a lot of works that we intended to do and are trying to get as much done as possible with we have.
Here my advice . And it holds alot of weight on here and when everyone agrees you will see i know what i.m on about.
@Topspread16 @theclemo @Olican @algeeman @JessThePlasterer i.m like their mentor plus many more on here .
If your on a budget spend it on the re wire plumbing and a top plasterer . ( sorry londons to contaminated for me ) the fancy telly n all the other trimmings can come after and will look alot better against a nice back ground .

f**k me that took some typing

Here my advice . And it holds alot of weight on here and when everyone agrees you will see i know what i.m on about.
@Topspread16 @theclemo @Olican @algeeman @JessThePlasterer i.m like their mentor plus many more on here .
If your on a budget spend it on the re wire plumbing and a top plasterer . ( sorry londons to contaminated for me ) the fancy telly n all the other trimmings can come after and will look alot better against a nice back ground .

Post of the month right there (y)

I'm going to go on dragons den and pitch for a Yorkshire speech to type app , just for you john

Would I need to plasterboard then or could I just get the walls re-skimmed and the ceilings plaster-boarded. Is that possible with walls that may have cracks and is not in good condition? I know that it is difficult without seeing the walls but I assume if possible it would cut the price a bit. If not then I will have to bite the bullet and get maybe only the downstairs done for now to reduce costs.

Would I need to plasterboard then or could I just get the walls re-skimmed and the ceilings plaster-boarded. Is that possible with walls that may have cracks and is not in good condition? I know that it is difficult without seeing the walls but I assume if possible it would cut the price a bit. If not then I will have to bite the bullet and get maybe only the downstairs done for now to reduce costs.
A 2mm coat of skimming may well make the walls look nice till one of the kids falls out with you and slams the door, then you could have a good looking carpet. If the walls are blown, for your own sake bite the bullet.

Your plasterer will be able to advise pros and cons Inc price comparison for what's worth doing as regards renew or overskim

Mate...that brought a tear to my eye every word spelt properly and it all made sense!.

Dont think ive ever felt so proud of 1 of my own!

You’re English is really coming along John! I couldn’t be prouder! ....... something in my eye....

A 2mm coat of skimming may well make the walls look nice till one of the kids falls out with you and slams the door, then you could have a good looking carpet. If the walls are blown, for your own sake bite the bullet.
Your very vocal since you gave up work. Welcome along.

Can never understand customers who are quite prepared to pay top dollar for first fix spark's
Running wires knocking f**k out the lath, the price just went up for plastering. Customer looks puzzled.

Believe it or not that is cheap compared to the two other quotes that I received. £7000 and one even higher.
The thing is you don't pay the £7k but the next mug will cos the cheap blokes busy , they charge spark's wage for a trainee labourer to string cables and bash boxes on the wall

your average under thirty year old would struggle to change a plug top.
I'll never forget my missus texting me to call in at one of her care homes , bit of a problem needs assistance
She was putting up decorations , stood on a chair hammering drawing pins into the wall with the base of a glass tumbler ,
Top management my missus lol

Thing is electrics are fairly simple but because folks think its dangerous they do not mess with it.
its like speeding its not illegal if done safely and nobody catches you.

Thing is electrics are fairly simple but because folks think its dangerous they do not mess with it.
its like speeding its not illegal if done safely and nobody catches you.
BELLEND-socks.jpg