EML Fixings to solid wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ps,got hairline render cracks from last week on a west facing wall on first floor,did next door,no problem,did the front of this one ,no problem and the ground floor, this one sadly has hairline cracks, I have not seen it but got photos of it , the scratch was very dry and we soaked it,the sand was different (more sharp than fine sharp ) the mix seemed a bit stronger but i need to check with the lab,( they always lie) never oh yes,i fookedit up. Annoying ,not used to this

Ps,got hairline render cracks from last week on a west facing wall on first floor,did next door,no problem,did the front of this one ,no problem and the ground floor, this one sadly has hairline cracks, I have not seen it but got photos of it , the scratch was very dry and we soaked it,the sand was different (more sharp than fine sharp ) the mix seemed a bit stronger but i need to check with the lab,( they always lie) never oh yes,i fookedit up. Annoying ,not used to this

Whats app me

Yes, failed big time. Took top coat off to scratch, patched a few areas that came off to eml. Soaked scratch and reapplied top, floated and sponged. Soaked again, sheeted over with soaked cotton sheets and then scaffolders mesh at customers request. Its been over a week now and cracks have started appearing again!

Thanks, mix's were all spot on, used bucket measurements so he couldn't mess it up. We also did the chimney there which had no probs whatsoever but no eml under that!

We have redone but soaked the hell out of it and covered afterwards and cracks are appearing over a week later!

Hi Malc,

I have redone this job using every precaution in the book and even now (4 weeks later) cracks are appearing. I can only think that the problem must be the EML expanding and shrinking in all the heat we have had. Plus, its high up, facing all the elements above a slate roof that is baking when its been a hot day. I need some sort of proof or back up that this is the cause as the customer is expecting me to do it again but theres no chance until I know definite cause, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.