Economy

Members online

i am sensing concern/panic/apprehension in your comments owls,....which is understandable,....but give it 3/6 months,sites will be closing /put into mothballs all over the country.
[/QUOTE]

Will be a fast recovery...the businesses that will go to the wall will unfortunately be new startups...or ones which weren't viable anyway and won't affect the economy...

The majority of people have had support through this and will keep spending...

The housing market will boom and people who have been held up moving will all want tradesman to carry out works as will the people who have started and bodged DIY projects...

The government will have to use technology to manage the virus...testing, tracing, heat sensors etc...

The only negatives I can see right now is higher taxes at some point and possibly more expensive flights short term.

To be honest my mother works for first direct bank and all there staff have been set up to work from home and it was something they were considering doing more before covid! She said it’s been very successful and I’m sure the company will save a lot of money! Probably something that office workers will do more in the future so if all that sector and people that work in offices end of day it’s all computer input and telephone calls ect so can easily be performed at home! Adapt is what will happen with the country obviously Constructoin and production ect will need a shake up but should cut out a lot of dickheads that don’t need to drive around in flash company vehicles having so called meetings that realistically could be done via video call or whatever! Whole country needs a shake up and f**k those pretenders off that drive around all day doing pretend jobs!

i am sensing concern/panic/apprehension in your comments owls,....which is understandable,....but give it 3/6 months,sites will be closing /put into mothballs all over the country.

Will be a fast recovery...the businesses that will go to the wall will unfortunately be new startups...or ones which weren't viable anyway and won't affect the economy...

The housing market will boom and people who have been held up moving will all want tradesman to carry out works as will the people who have started and bodged DIY projects...

The government will have to use technology to manage the virus...testing, tracing, heat sensors etc...

The only negatives I can see right now is higher taxes at some point and possibly more expensive flights short term.
[/QUOTE]
well sincerely hope you are right freed,

[/QUOTE]
I personally think everything will be back to normal i6/8 months from the time lockdown is fully lifted ! Landlords that own commercial properties, restaurants, clothes shops , high street shops etc , swhat would be the point in pulling the plug on those tenants? Who else is gonna go into a new premise in this climate . Surely it will better for them (landlord) to ride it out like we all are for a few more months, hopefully then the shops , restaurants etc will re employ their former staff

Where's the evidence sites are going to close down ? Drive around look at the amounts not of new builds going up, huge estates, 2-3 year sites.would builders carry on getting them out of the ground if they didn't think theyd sell them 12 months down the line etc.

Developers are working differently now. the land still belongs to the farmer, he gets his cut when the property is sold. a local farmer has permission for 750 properties on his land, he is being offered 50K per plot. on this system.
if you want to buy a house on a new development you have to have a letter from a building society/bank to say that you can have a mortgage , or show the developer your bank statement to show that you have enough money to buy outright. these are then sent off to the developers bank who will then release the money to build the property.
Developers can borrow up to 80% of the build from venture capitalists.

My grand daughter is a solicitor , her firm have told all purchases of properties have to pay the costs upfront as they think that prices will fall and the purchaser will pull out leaving them not being paid for the work that they carry out. when they told their clients this 80% cancelled.

I personally think everything will be back to normal i6/8 months from the time lockdown is fully lifted ! Landlords that own commercial properties, restaurants, clothes shops , high street shops etc , swhat would be the point in pulling the plug on those tenants? Who else is gonna go into a new premise in this climate . Surely it will better for them (landlord) to ride it out like we all are for a few more months, hopefully then the shops , restaurants etc will re employ their former staff
[/QUOTE]

Have faith bother

I packed in last time, 2009 I went van driving so I know tough times, but that was a lack of finance aswell as a banking crises, it's not the same as what we're dealing with here, it's comparing apples with pears.

I went travelling :D :D :D

Never made so much money :D :D

Dont be scared of recessions... learn to embrace them

[/QUOTE]
Wow how can it be
Full sectors of industry cannot work anymore at full capacity eg,pubs ,hotels,
Job losses will occur that don't normally in a recession due to social distancing.could you survive on 25% capacity,that is what they are saying for restraunts,pubs and that's if you want to go it's endless.hospitality will be devastated.its not me saying it,it's industry I'm quoting,so don't say I'm doom gloom bandwagon. All this stuff is coming from leading CEOs in hospitality,small business.
It will become apparent in a few weeks or simply they are wrong.unless the government bail them out.

Fook the economy

You still do not get it !!! running around like sheep aww yes soon will get back to Normal NEVER
Waiting for that prick on Sunday to give some of you a snippet of freedom
Beggars believe

Your welcome

Someone mentioned in a youtube video that the main business affected by this ie tourism and holidays/ pubs and restaurants are the business the ruling elite have no investment in in any big way interesting point.
Also there is a theme developing with this...dont mix, dont socialize, trust no one ,criticise your neighbour ...stay in and with the social conditioning box (tv)

Standard divide and conquer

And why no civil unrest

We fell for it and rolled over

Our liberties will never be the same

Also the entire world has been effectively grounded for 2 months or more in some countries..business have failed,income lost and surprisingly without any real form of unrest/ rioting etc.
Now the 1% know that they can do this quickly and without resistance it will be used as a whipping tool for years to come and your naive to think they wont weild this power again....ie behave or we will need to lock you down again.

Someone mentioned in a youtube video that the main business affected by this ie tourism and holidays/ pubs and restaurants are the business the ruling elite have no investment in in any big way interesting point.
Also there is a theme developing with this...dont mix, dont socialize, trust no one ,criticise your neighbour ...stay in and with the social conditioning box (tv)

Standard divide and conquer

And why no civil unrest

We fell for it and rolled over

Our liberties will never be the same
Remember,army would be guarding supermarkets,police will only respond to serious incidents.

I do remember that and they would have been if the plan wouldn't have worked as it has. People have agreed and intervention wasnt necessary

Remember,army would be guarding supermarkets,police will only respond to serious incidents.
Incidentally out of curiosity what do you think is currently going on in the economic world at the moment as this unravels...not arguing just curious on other peoples views

Incidentally out of curiosity what do you think is currently going on in the economic world at the moment as this unravels...not arguing just curious on other peoples views
Chinas position has gained vastly now catching up quicker to becoming the superpower in the world, it has done more damage to other economies than a non nuclear war. How strange dont you think.what was the chances of that happening.

The yellow race will rule the earth this was deemed as a racist comment in 90s

I've seen it described as the largest transfer of wealth (theft) in human history.
but who knows.

Fook the economy

You still do not get it !!! running around like sheep aww yes soon will get back to Normal NEVER
Waiting for that prick on Sunday to give some of you a snippet of freedom
Beggars believe
It’s ‘beggars belief ‘ completely different than beggars believe , ask @superspread

Your welcome

Also the entire world has been effectively grounded for 2 months or more in some countries..business have failed,income lost and surprisingly without any real form of unrest/ rioting etc.
Now the 1% know that they can do this quickly and without resistance it will be used as a whipping tool for years to come and your naive to think they wont weild this power again....ie behave or we will need to lock you down again.
Why would there be rioting ? It's self explanatory why surely.