Economy

Members online

Chancellor give us more compo to september later on,60% of earnings for self employed,limit cap £30000 profit.

Really more dosh ?

More furlough is insane. More dependency on the state. As well as many more immigrants piling in that isn’t being reported on MSM. All wanting handouts. When the government is already trillions in debt. Hunger games society here we come.

More furlough is insane. More dependency on the state. As well as many more immigrants piling in that isn’t being reported on MSM. All wanting handouts. When the government is already trillions in debt. Hunger games society here we come.
If it happens,more money on top of you are earnings if your back full-time.

Not insane if you are physically being stopped from going back to work.. ie bar staff etc

this virus is far from over,it will be with us in some form for decades,everybody will have to adjust to a different world,
1.at doctors yesterday,every other chair in waiting room had sign on do not sit here,receptionist/nurse wearing a mask,doctors mostly telephone call to patients.
2.cinema,customers will be spread out,an entire row of seats will be empty,then more seats,the cinema needs to have as many people as possible in to pay overheads staff/electric/rates etc,they can not possibly survive on a partially filled cinema.
3.a ban on changing rooms in shops, who is going to buy an item of clothing without trying it on first,result sales down/more refunds etc.
4.go to a restaraunt/pub for a meal,having your meals fetched to your table by someone wearing a mask,again partially filled .
bank of england yesterday said worst recession ever is upon us,everybody myself included over these next few days/months are in for some unpleasent times,and its going to get worse, much worse,over the coming weeks/months there will be many many closures ,cinemas/gyms/cafes/pubs shops,.........this is just the start,...and dont think you wont be affected we all will only a matter of time before sites close down,...plasterers/plumbers/brickies/joiners/builders merchants not getting paid people going bust ,....... a truly very large nightmare is approacing fast.
allways look on the bright side of life hector

That might be difficult, identifying everyones job, especially self employed.
Not really paye is easy, self employed is fairly easy to determine what your job is and the sector you operate in,I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being compensated if the government is telling you to close your business down and being told not to trade, the issue is how long it will go on for. The other issue is your just proping up failing businesses as soon the furlough ends they’ll be laid off, or made redundant but the other side is they’d be on some sort of other benefits so still getting state money in one way or another. I’m glad I’m not chancellor and don’t have to make that call.

We will see at 5 pm,,,,,my thoughts only is I'm not reading anywhere that certain industries will be excluded.i think self employed will get more of the same but as the say profit cap down,so less qualify.works returning will not be claiming furlough so that's less again,also paying 60% or less,comeback after 5pm owls.

Hang tight lads,finally got my furlough payment today..was 80% of f**k all but still £2900 got deposited..cant see it being 60% for every1,if your in construction hes said go back to work at end of day so cant see him paying self employed tradesmen 60%..should just be hospitality etc

Hang tight lads,finally got my furlough payment today..was 80% of f**k all but still £2900 got deposited..cant see it being 60% for every1,if your in construction hes said go back to work at end of day so cant see him paying self employed tradesmen 60%..should just be hospitality etc
Good news,money in bank.its still money you might not have got.