dust masks

hail hail

Private Member
Anyone recommend a decent dust mask. Have a jsp force 8 mask but not happy with it. Seems dust is getting through the front part of it was cutting out a door frame today in block wall and was fcuked with dust. Can still taste it ffs so time to invest in a better quality mask that no dust gets through

04dafad794065953c3847909f13dc137.png

I got one of these mate, not cheap but had mine years, nothing gets through it, you can buy new filters for it aswel depending what your doing with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see people wearing them now.... got a mate that was cutting though to make a doorway and the room was full of dust he was coughing but refusing to wear one

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Good to see people wearing them now.... got a mate that was cutting though to make a doorway and the room was full of dust he was coughing but refusing to wear one

My uncle works along with me at times on the stone and doesn't use one. You want to see the dust of it when using consaw, wild! His lungs will be f**k*d in no time with thon stuff.

These are quite good for dropping ceilings. I got it from screwfix
3ae03a3ab44c01cb1e76f87eab194153.jpg

Nice1 skipper. Looks the ticket. Been dropping few ceilings aswell as cutting threw and old fireplace and the dust is awful. Will purchase one now.

Been wearing decent mask for last 10-15yrs changing filters regularly, fuk all the heroics coughing shoite up for days after with tshirt tied round yer face like a plum.
We work in s**t n dust of every kind and it ain't clever not being able to breathe in later life so take care of self now unless of course you don't care in which case congrats nobody else does either.:numberone:

Out of interest :aburrido: Does anyone wear mask when they are mixing up plasters or renders ?

:descansando:
Never have and I do regret it abit..plasterer did abit of work For us abit ago he slammed dust mask on everytime he mixed cudnt help but think wat a geek..even tho I'm the stupid 1

Sometimes I do but times couldn't be f**k*d, although we all should every time we mix because that s**t shouldn't be anywhere near our lungs
Never have and I do regret it abit..plasterer did abit of work For us abit ago he slammed dust mask on everytime he mixed cudnt help but think wat a geek..even tho I'm the stupid 1
I can't remember who it was that told me or if he on here , told me he had skim set on lungs a condition that can't be improved.

I'm 48 now and for yrs thought I was invincible I wore a mask only in last few yrs in everything dusty I do .
I couldn't stop coughing about 4yrs ago to point of unable to work mate telling me to go home and see a doc.
He was quite straight with me he said you have a choice give up your work or wear a mask you will have probs in later life from damage already done but if you don't remember to protect your lungs from now on your working days are finished regardless.
I took note .

Tbh I have made the effort since I was told but sometimes don't and end up reverting to my traditional pulling tshirt over nose when pouring and mixing , mixing out side when I can as well.

If memory serves me right I think @Arti started a thread and found a decent mask
these bad boys.............just need different filters................got a blacked out one for my new boy when we play catchy kissy.........................:bananas:

Like wearing gloves... mechanics hated them and now most won't work on car without them

Never wore a dust mask. Smoked a lot. Drank a lot. Maybe it's in my genes. Minimise your risks boys. Wear a mask.

Attachments

• 1469225713939.jpg
    1469225713939.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 480
I always wear a mask when i call to collect my money.....then the customers realy think they are being robbed.

These are quite good for dropping ceilings. I got it from screwfix
3ae03a3ab44c01cb1e76f87eab194153.jpg

Is ok for dropping ceilings and other dusty work but not so good with dust from consaw. Bought one from screwfix and was chuffed when using it in attic and drilling but was disapointed with it with consaw dust :(