Drywall after damp

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds pikey as fook that lol, so half your wall will be hollow and the top half solid, nice..... it might work if the tanking holds up buy the render stages also help to hold back further damp.

Hi guys !!

i do a lot of damp course work,injecting dry zone and
hacking off on the inside, it's getting harder to get a decent price as my competition have dropped ther prices, now I'm told thay are not using sand and cement on the inside anymore thay are plaster boarding onto the brick with drywall adhesive, the guy I no who works for them says thay are using a water proof sealer on the bear brick first then dot an dabbing, will this work ? It would reduce the cost a lot but I don't want to try it without good advice..

thank you

when you say they are dabbing gyprock on do you mean from floor to celing.or metre high av saw damp come through dabs before av always used lime light or renovating plaster for a dpc

i,ve used dry lining method,after applying a scratch coat of sand/cement at 3-1 with added integral waterproofer from screwfix,
couple of days to dry up,fix boards with drywall,couple of days after you can fix skirting with no-nails,did a couple of jobs 2 years ago without problem,i think it says on drywall bag that it is moisture resistent

i,ve used dry lining method,after applying a scratch coat of sand/cement at 3-1 with added integral waterproofer from screwfix,
couple of days to dry up,fix boards with drywall,couple of days after you can fix skirting with no-nails,did a couple of jobs 2 years ago without problem,i think it says on drywall bag that it is moisture resistent

The damp that is in the wall still has to come out which is why you should use a vapour permiable waterproof additive. dabbing boards on to the render will just bring that moisture through the dabs

these are the plums i see at the builders merchant. fek me

The damp that is in the wall still has to come out which is why you should use a vapour permiable waterproof additive. dabbing boards on to the render will just bring that moisture through the dabs

Not with my trick marra...................

It is is still a secret/ trick, not everyone knows? Even those in the private members:-0 only the pre selected in the premium forum member lounge get this kind of info:RpS_wink:3500 posts, I believe:RpS_sneaky:

It is is still a secret/ trick, not everyone knows? Even those in the private members:-0 only the pre selected in the premium forum member lounge get this kind of info:RpS_wink:3500 posts, I believe:RpS_sneaky:

I thought you had to donate towards the running costs of the forum to be invited in there...........:RpS_sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.