Drop film?

Olican

Private Member
Question for @Plasterers1StopShop or anyone else that's used it. Is the Xl drop film suitable for use on painted internal walls, don't want it peeling paint away. I usually use low tack masking tape and polythene but have a job where doing every ceiling and using drop film will save cost/time

ive used it and worked a dream mate.

but depends how.well the paint is i suppose.

I know what your saying, I always explain to a client that it's the original paintwork that's the issue, or old gloss work that can peel away no matter how low tack the tape
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1504985132.803345.jpg
. Like scenarios like this

Never had an issue. I price it into jobs but I also keep a few XL rolls in van for those jobs were the brick work isn't covered as agreed or furniture hasn't been moved as agreed. Saves walking away from a job and disrupting the diary. Sticks well but doesn't take the paint off. Sticks well to masonry too although I run brick tape over the top if its staying there for a number of days. Recommend cutting with scissors rather than stanley knife though.

Question for @Plasterers1StopShop or anyone else that's used it. Is the Xl drop film suitable for use on painted internal walls, don't want it peeling paint away. I usually use low tack masking tape and polythene but have a job where doing every ceiling and using drop film will save cost/time
The painters drop skirts ( think the tape bit is red or cream not blue is low tack.
Problem is low tack is shite for silk painted walls cos it doesn't stick.

Damned if ya dee and damned if ya divvent marra

Maybe try the blue stick on window roll with the orange brick tape round the edge always found that a good system if worried about splashing s**t around :coffe:

f**k that it's there problem asking youto plaster a ceiling in a finished room imo...id Only ever over to wipe any splashes off with a sponge!!!

I'm not a fan of covering everything up unless necessary but tgem drop sheets are awesome...... infact you just reminded me to order some more.

All sheeting up and protecting thing from dirt and or damage takes time so always factor that into price and time to do job.

Had to replace my garage flat roof a few years ago and used EPDM, had some offcuts left and now use it as a drop sheet for externals, saves time and shows I care about going home sooner.

I got a roll of this drop tape stuff ages ago and I'm not sure if I was being a re***d with it but I got in a right muddle tangled up trying to get it off the roll properly, probably just me o_O?