Drag marks

Members online

It's the s*p*r*lex causing the drag marks

Funny you should say that Gibbo. Once upon a time when I was doing a flat refurb, my mate giving me a hand at the time accidentally put his foot through the kitchen ceiling! Id got someone in to do the plastering a d they'd finished and gone, so pissed off, I went to the local tool shop and bought a little tyzack trowel so I could get it sorted pronto. Came out ok and got away with it. Anyway, started to do a bit more skimming and it always seemed to come out ok. Anyway, bought a s*p*r*lex to get an even better finish (y) but I think that's when The problems started. I'm not blaming the s*p*r*lex, but I soon realised that I was using it at the wrong time being a novice. Now I'm a bit more clued up, and trying to stay off it till the right moment, I still think that I'm not always getting the finish I think I should be getting...it's still good, but now realising the limitations of being predominately self taught. You know. What I mean...I'm confusing myself now! :loco:

Funny you should say that Gibbo. Once upon a time when I was doing a flat refurb, my mate giving me a hand at the time accidentally put his foot through the kitchen ceiling! Id got someone in to do the plastering a d they'd finished and gone, so pissed off, I went to the local tool shop and bought a little tyzack trowel so I could get it sorted pronto. Came out ok and got away with it. Anyway, started to do a bit more skimming and it always seemed to come out ok. Anyway, bought a s*p*r*lex to get an even better finish (y) but I think that's when The problems started. I'm not blaming the s*p*r*lex, but I soon realised that I was using it at the wrong time being a novice. Now I'm a bit more clued up, and trying to stay off it till the right moment, I still think that I'm not always getting the finish I think I should be getting...it's still good, but now realising the limitations of being predominately self taught. You know. What I mean...I'm confusing myself now! :loco:

Stick to using normal trowels until your good enough to understand when to use it. I love my nela flex 2 but literally only final polish

I'd love to say dodgy bag of finish, but prob trowel pressure Clutch. Btw, regarding the multi, I often find bits in it, almost like little black metallic flecks...any idea? Cheers mate.
Might be your bucket :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

TBH mate I have never noticed that, but I will look out for that. In my experience ripples and bumps generally come from the finish being to thick or not leaving the previous background to dry enough, so pure weight pulls it and it becomes a f**k*r to trowel up.

Generally you will know if you got a dodgy bag of gear, it will set like f**k. 'Wickes' in my experience is the worst culprit for this, my local branch sells way out of date finish at times, got to watch them.
Also dirty trowels I think are an issues

Usually buy multi from Magnet Clutch. Seems like there's a fast turnaround as I grabbed a few bags yesterday from the top of a new pallet and when I popped in this morn for some cls, noticed it was nearly all gone. Cheers mate
Magnet for finish... sounds attractive... what's the priced?

So important he said it 3 times....speedskim helps to get it flat but also being new I stick just to marshalltown for finishing and after a bit of trial and error now have my timings nailed

So important he said it 3 times....speedskim helps to get it flat but also being new I stick just to marshalltown for finishing and after a bit of trial and error now have my timings nailed

That's good to hear Lodan, tbh, I feel a bit of a wally now and realise I bought something without really understanding what or how it should be used. Have bought a MT carbon steel now, and even though I've only used it a few times, I can see that it was def a good purchase. Cheers mate.

s**t WiFi here :)