Double layer soundpanel

Members online

Paddypower

Hi -

i am doing a double layer of 12.5mm soundshield plus & soundbloc board onto insulated studs, i have finished the first layer with pretty much whole boards and have about half required full board for the second layer plus load off offcuts.
Would I be alright using offcuts (about 150x1200mm) to do a patch job on the second layer? I am using acoustic adhesive and then scrimming all joints.

just worried it might be asking for a load of cracks in my plaster doing it this way, but i could do without buying a load more board.

thanks

Hi -

i am doing a double layer of 12.5mm soundshield plus & soundbloc board onto insulated studs, i have finished the first layer with pretty much whole boards and have about half required full board for the second layer plus load off offcuts.
Would I be alright using offcuts (about 150x1200mm) to do a patch job on the second layer? I am using acoustic adhesive and then scrimming all joints.

just worried it might be asking for a load of cracks in my plaster doing it this way, but i could do without buying a load more board.

thanks

Take it all off
Put your patchy work version on first
Put your decent version Back on top of crappy version

Hi -

thanks

Don’t listen to them...just crack on!

If it’s just one bit, then I’m sure it will be fine, but if it’s a patchwork quilt then don’t bother. Sound proofing can be a lottery as there are lots of factors contributing to its success. It’s not easy or cheap to soundproof, but you can reduce the noise.

As Chrispy said above.

If it’s going to be a pigs ear then take the hit on buying more board and chalk it up to experience. A good reputation pays more in the long run.

There’s loads of threads on sound proofing if you use the search on here

Someone on here wrote a really good in depth explanation of sound proofing a while back.... got all scientific with it..... goddamn erotic it was! :reloco:

ive built a few rehearsal rooms and vocal booths Jess. Always on a budget and it’s not easy. Never tried resilient bar, but understand the theory behind it and that is to decouple the wall/ceiling/room from the main structure.
A shock absorber so to speak.

we all float down here