Dot and dab onto tanking slurry or battens

PeteHodgetts

Hi all,

I have a cellar to refurbish and are going to tank it with 2 coats of KA Tanking Slurry after the necessary prep work. Can you dot and dab plasterboards straight onto the cured tanking slurry? Alternatively using foil backed boards, fix them using battens screwed into the wall, making sure that all drill holes are filled with DPC cream.

Any advice gratefully received

If going down the dabbing route do you have sufficient ventilation in place in general use insulation plasterboards to minimise the cold spots of the dabs and leave a gap between the board and floor to allow moisture to escape personally for me I would go down the batten route as there’s not much difference between the 2 in terms of how far it comes off the wall the other option is to use a spray foam adhesive to set the boards on but each board would have to be wedged in place till the foam dries

If going down the dabbing route do you have sufficient ventilation in place in general use insulation plasterboards to minimise the cold spots of the dabs and leave a gap between the board and floor to allow moisture to escape personally for me I would go down the batten route as there’s not much difference between the 2 in terms of how far it comes off the wall the other option is to use a spray foam adhesive to set the boards on but each board would have to be wedged in place till the foam dries
Yes
I concur