Dormer bungalow

Members online

Gilbert75

Just plastered out dormer bungalow, tiler comes in, 2 days work to do all downstairs, charges 1900 qwd, no supply...
Jeez, he done 27£ sqm, for cash.
Said he often earns 1k a day on site!
How come there prices not been slashed so they dont earn too much?

Just plastered out dormer bungalow, tiler comes in, 2 days work to do all downstairs, charges 1900 qwd, no supply...
How you know he.s not full of s**t

1000 a day is £240'000 a year . Almost quarter of a million
Yep, i know, obviously dont do that every day, but he earned 1900 qwd on job i was on at 27qwd mtr, that was a discount for the builder who gives him work on his own build..

Ib
Yep, i know, obviously dont do that every day, but he earned 1900 qwd on job i was on at 27qwd mtr, that was a discount for the builder who gives him work on his own build..

Is that 70 2m in two day . Then to be fair he deserves 1900

I know tilers on £28 a m2 and trust me they're not making huge money , those little 6m2 ensuites with fiddly cuts around basins and boxing ins , plus coming back to grout slow the revenue stream down
I know couple mates who always earn about 300 day and always finished about 2. Depends how fast ya are i suppose...but even thats not 1k a day!

I know couple mates who always earn about 300 day and always finished about 2. Depends how fast ya are i suppose...but even thats not 1k a day!
I was skimming in site when tiler came in for a natter.
"You doing all right here mate?" He asked..
"Oh you know keeping the wolves from the d...."
""Smashed £500 out today" he interupts
"Good for you mate"...

Watched him next day grouting and loading tiles across the site.

"You smashing another £500 today?" :coffe:

Tiling isnt a trade thiugh is it?? Harder to lesrn plastering, and we dont get chance to earn that sirt of money on site, woouldnt allow it...

eh? Tiling was part of plastering trade years ago. when the tiles were fitted on a cement and sand base. it separated from plastering in the early 60s when the first tile adhesive [richafix] became available.
plasterers and bricklayers downgraded to become tilers when the work became to heavy for them. tiling was classed as a semi skill with a lower rate of pay.

eh? Tiling was part of plastering trade years ago. when the tiles were fitted on a cement and sand base. it separated from plastering in the early 60s when the first tile adhesive [richafix] became available.
plasterers and bricklayers downgraded to become tilers when the work became to heavy for them. tiling was classed as a semi skill with a lower rate of pay.
My old tradesman Jimmy was an excellent tiler, not that shite in someone's bathroom. But the tiling in old buildings, did a lot of old entrances that fancy wall and floor tiles.
He was 63 in the early 80's, a true link to real plastering.

Cheap, I charge £40 but I am slow.

How much to tile front of your house I wonder :rayos:
Screenshot_20210421-203816.png

I know tilers on £28 a m2 and trust me they're not making huge money , those little 6m2 ensuites with fiddly cuts around basins and boxing ins , plus coming back to grout slow the revenue stream down
My tiler charges £350 for kitchen and bathroom.

Course he did, and course he does.
Can't believe people actually believe the shite other trades tell them

Course he did, and course he does.
Can't believe people actually believe the shite other trades tell them
Quite easy to belive it when i saw him tile 70m in 2 days. 35 pound meter on site, he done this job at 27 pound, coz builder whos house it is gives him alot of work too..