Domestics

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
One has not encounterd site work for many years, does one one still require track suit bottoms to be deemed acceptable attire?
Hi vis tracksuit top and bottom sire:cry:..
and.somthing known as.....a hard hat?..
shall one be requiring the cscs card to enter such utopia?? It can be sought quickly..fast tracked;)

Hi vis tracksuit top and bottom sire:cry:..
and.somthing known as.....a hard hat?..
shall one be requiring the cscs card to enter such utopia?? It can be sought quickly..fast tracked;)

One is very tired of private work at the moment so perhaps a stint on these sites would suffice?! Matalan is near me for attire but i have a very nice haircut which the hard hat may interfere! :cool:

98% of my work is domestic, as long as you build a good relationship with the customer its always lovley, just don't ever be to kind otherwise you'll end up skimming a whole house down for free!!

I must admit I'm thinking of sacking the site work off for a while and concentrating on domestics and small builders, getting sick of the ppe , site agents and been dissapointed with the prices

I prefer domestic to site, haven't been on site since 2007 and only miss it for the banter.

So much more to domestic work than just plastering...sometimes I wish I could have a 1000m2 and be left alone and skim.

First week into a four week spell of domestic work and I'm not missing the h&s of site work being able to have the radio on loud ,two beer crates for a hop up easy days
I thought site u get 3 points fine for having music on or even listening to music through ear piece

Never done site work. Domestic only.

I've been spoiled really don't think I'd last a week on site with the health and safety, politics, prices and other BS I hear some mates put up with.

I've been spoiled really don't think I'd last a week on site with the health and safety, politics, prices and other BS I hear some mates put up with.

site work today is like trying to plaster with one hand tied behind your back. hi vis jacket, hard hat, toe protectors , goggles, long sleeves, long trousers, barrier cream, induction program, work statements, then 20% tax, citb, retention and fighting for your payment.

Your finish is probably a lot better than theirs though:maraca:

I prefer domestic to site, haven't been on site since 2007 and only miss it for the banter.
Yes... I think a lot of domestic plasterers that have never done any site work don't quite get the banter side of this forum :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Site work is no different from working in a factory same s**t day in day out, no thanks or appreciation and a constant fight to get in the next house or flat. Domestics all day long, in a different place meeting new people and appreciation for a good job and come and go as you please.

I work on small sites so radios aloud.working direct for the builder so I get good rates.
I hate dealing with customers.finish on site and no answering the phone in the evening

I love having a good old "Domestic" with Mrs Marshy bit of shouting and swearing at each other a good back hander and some rohypnol for the making up afterwards (y)

Another thing that's often overlooked is the business and salesman part of it. Site lads will have little or no experience of dealing with clients face to face and a few jobs I've been priced out of have been site guys doing it on weekends for beer money.

Careful @GrantyBoy .... this lad chews coal for breakfast and loves a good domestic ... especially when they open the door and its this beauty waiting ....

Attachments

• 73496e6cb3e1a67c49649ab79c7fb712.jpg
    73496e6cb3e1a67c49649ab79c7fb712.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 281
Status
Not open for further replies.