Domestic spread tip of the day...

ALWAYS TAKE LOTS IF PICTURE'S
Got a call last night to say a wall i skimmed 2 months go had cracked and the skim had blown...... went straight round and the skim had blown... the walls had silk paint on so gritted before skimming so was interested to see why..started to break the skim off which revealed yellow glossy paint with no sign of the green grit, the customer who was stuck to my shoulder as i did this was quick to say see i told you it hadnt stuck.... i explained that my plaster had stuck to my grit, my grit had stuck to his paint but the delamination had happen several layers behind as the walls i had skimmed where not yellow..... he swore blind they was and that i was trying to get out of repairing it....... looked back at my phone and found several pictures of his lounge with brown walls........ with out these pictures it would have got very heated......lol

Saved my ass today as the ceiling was destemper under the paint and I skimed it as I couldn't see what's behind the paint and on the last Trowl 2sqm just fell down followed by the rest of the ceiling with a little scrape .
All the paint came down with the plaster so I showed the customer the photos and then the paint on the back of the plaster.
Said it had to be over boarded and they said in see why OK and agreed the extra
Glad I had the photos to back up what I was saying. Just feels better knowing they can see for them self and don't think we are trying to rip them off
Just to say thanks for the heads up
All the years been doing it and never needed it then with in days and :)

IMG_0416.JPG
IMG_0417.JPG

Saved my ass today as the ceiling was destemper under the paint and I skimed it as I couldn't see what's behind the paint and on the last Trowl 2sqm just fell down followed by the rest of the ceiling with a little scrape .
All the paint came down with the plaster so I showed the customer the photos and then the paint on the back of the plaster.
Said it had to be over boarded and they said in see why OK and agreed the extra
Glad I had the photos to back up what I was saying. Just feels better knowing they can see for them self and don't think we are trying to rip them off
Just to say thanks for the heads up
All the years been doing it and never needed it then with in days and :)
Awesome... glad it helped pal... do it on every job.... my job today had stains all over the Carpet so took pics before sheeting up.... only thing i dont take pics of are the amount of biscuits in the barrel......lol