Does this look right to you?

Members online

Whist I hate bodge it plasterers , I may be able to forgive them due to ignorance , people gotta make a living.
not even close to awful as many comments have said , good spread and don't mind the odd crack you'll be OK
What really f,,ks me off is people with absolutely no knowledge watching a few do it up programmes thinking the way to make money is get ,,, let's say for example,,, six blokes to waste their time quoting because the customer thinks that's OK , I deserve their free time cos their all making loads er money , drives the cost up for genuine customers and encourages spreads to cut corners and put honest hardworking people out of the game

Disclaimer , not talking about you, just saying

PS my , and all of the other contributors have nobody else to help and of course will not allow such a situation to have a knock on effect on our attitude to the next genuine person that comes along

apologies if you find my comments out of order , nothing personal read my diclaimer

Whist I hate bodge it plasterers , I may be able to forgive them due to ignorance , people gotta make a living.
not even close to awful as many comments have said , good spread and don't mind the odd crack you'll be OK
What really f,,ks me off is people with absolutely no knowledge watching a few do it up programmes thinking the way to make money is get ,,, let's say for example,,, six blokes to waste their time quoting because the customer thinks that's OK , I deserve their free time cos their all making loads er money , drives the cost up for genuine customers and encourages spreads to cut corners and put honest hardworking people out of the game

Disclaimer , not talking about you, just saying

PS my , and all of the other contributors have nobody else to help and of course will not allow such a situation to have a knock on effect on our attitude to the next genuine person that comes along

apologies if you find my comments out of order , nothing personal read my diclaimer
No offence taken. I agree with you about people watching programs and wasting tradespeople’s time. Not sure if I mentioned as it may make more sense. These are 2 large houses, newly built. I got 6 quotes because the first 4 weren’t able to run the jobs concurrently so I needed 2 different crews to work on each house to meet deadlines and not hold back the 2nd fix electrics and plumbing.
You also can’t forgive his ignorance as he has been a plasterer for 14 years and with my (pretty much) zero knowledge of plastering, common sense questions I asked were answered to put me at ease, but in practice ignored. One house, I would have 3 quotes max, time is money both for tradesmen and me. But thanks, that’s what I need. Not fussed about a few cracks later on, I expect that, was worried about excessive cracking.

No offence taken. I agree with you about people watching programs and wasting tradespeople’s time. Not sure if I mentioned as it may make more sense. These are 2 large houses, newly built. I got 6 quotes because the first 4 weren’t able to run the jobs concurrently so I needed 2 different crews to work on each house to meet deadlines and not hold back the 2nd fix electrics and plumbing.
You also can’t forgive his ignorance as he has been a plasterer for 14 years and with my (pretty much) zero knowledge of plastering, common sense questions I asked were answered to put me at ease, but in practice ignored. One house, I would have 3 quotes max, time is money both for tradesmen and me. But thanks, that’s what I need. Not fussed about a few cracks later on, I expect that, was worried about excessive cracking.
Appreciate your reply , and your understanding where I was coming from

Mate there’s no self respecting spread with 14 years experience that would leave an awful job like that!....
That is unless he’s totally fell out of love with the trade and if so should be doing something else.

I avoid this situation with 2 simple policies

1 the customer has to be recommended to me , not the other way round
2 I NEVER quote , will occasionally look and give an idea , but only if I need to look for materials ,, very very rare
The customer gets a PROPER job , am willing to compromise, I don't want any hassle Im a plasterer , not a business man
I love my job , I stopped quoting 20 y ago and would never go back

I avoid this situation with 2 simple policies

1 the customer has to be recommended to me , not the other way round
2 I NEVER quote , will occasionally look and give an idea , but only if I need to look for materials ,, very very rare
The customer gets a PROPER job , am willing to compromise, I don't want any hassle Im a plasterer , not a business man
I love my job , I stopped quoting 20 y ago and would never go back
You aren’t joking either are you mate , tbh a lot of my work is like that , good for you only comes with experience and doing a lot of jobs
Also I say same to guys that do any work at my house , send me the bill when finished it’s a lot better way to work

Hi all, I’ve got someone doing some plastering work. To me it looks really messy. The boards don’t meet and when asked about the gaps between the boards he said he would dab the gaps to fill them in, put tape over then skim. Just been to inspect and there are some gaps big enough to put my finders in with tape over them and not filled in. Surely skimming over this will cause cracking? He also seems to be using multiple off cuts instead of fresh piece to do round window frames, surely the more joins isn’t best practice. Also some of the boards around the windows are damaged. Massive gaps around sockets that have been taped, presumably he will just skim over these. Also the there are gaps in the ceiling boards some big enough to put my thumb into. How are these supposed to be filled or are they just taped and skimmed over? Please see the many photos attached.View attachment 33962View attachment 33963View attachment 33964View attachment 33965View attachment 33967View attachment 33968View attachment 33970View attachment 33972View attachment 33973
I cetainly wouldnt want to put my name on that boarding be intresting to see his skimming

You aren’t joking either are you mate , tbh a lot of my work is like that , good for you only comes with experience and doing a lot of jobs
Also I say same to guys that do any work at my house , send me the bill when finished it’s a lot better way to work
Straight up mate , loads of decent blokes out their ( and jess ,,, perhaps ) get their good intentions and dedication knocked out of them by capitalist money greedy scum who think their being clever and f,,ks me right off , a proper spread should be top of the pile only just very slightly below electricians and plumbers and I don't mean back box fitting cable layer and water pipe, toilet fitting full of their selves incompetent , arrogant tossers
Another post I said I tell the electricians how to and when to do their first fix , not a joke , I get away with it cos their out of order ( some, very few are good )
I stopped putting up with sh.t a long time ago , don't mind inexperience , but arrogance gets stamped on , more should do it , then they'd think twice before they did it to the next poor sod
I don't do it for me