does anyone use a reveal square...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMK

anyopne got one of these...??

usually just use a square bit of plasterboard to get windows to line up right when dot and dabbing.

what do you use?

RMK said:

usually just use a square bit of plasterboard to get windows to line up right when dot and dabbing.

what do you use?

I DO THIS AND I NOTCH A BIT OUT TO FIT WINDOW FRAME SO THAT ALL MARGINS ARE THE SAME ;)

I use a normal square, level or tape measure. Some times if the window is out of level you cant dot an dab level so I get it to look right with window by using a tape.

RMK said:
that notch idea... fantastic!
:eek:
cheers pal

i also cut all my reveals first to the same size then dab walls back level with them, gets it all nice and square, but check all your windows are level first and if they aint get the customer/agent to sort it before you start

i think he means to notch the plasterboard to the window frame so you get the distance in between the edge of the window frame and the reveal spot on every time

RMK said:
i think he means to notch the plasterboard to the window frame so you get the distance in between the edge of the window frame and the reveal spot on every time

couldn't have put it better myself.

i dont understand what you mean by notch. surely you just cut it to width and length and fit it?

steve cov said:
i dont understand what you mean by notch. surely you just cut it to width and length and fit it?

right erm how can i explain....
if you cut a set square off the corner of a board then you can set your reviels square to the window but if you want to get the margin of the window frame the same on both sides and all the other windows the same them cut aprox 2" square off the corner of you square then it will sit on the glass of the window and step over the frame so you will still set the reviel square but then you push it sideways untill your 2" section touches the frame then you will get an even margin, repeat this on all windows and all margins will be the same ;)

sometimes if i forget my feather-edge i just cut a 5" strip off the side of a board and use that :D :D :D :D

only joking lads dont get any ideas ;D

kirk johnstone said:
RMK said:

what do you use?

I DO THIS AND I NOTCH A BIT OUT TO FIT WINDOW FRAME SO THAT ALL MARGINS ARE THE SAME ;)

hang on here are we talking about dry lining or plastering... boards on the reveals? whats wrong with float and set??? or is this thread just for dryliners??? hahah

dry lining mate but i suppose you could float and use this method but you would have to straighten out the bits shat the square cant reach.

probably not the best way but i reckon it would work ;)

why don't you just dab all wall boards on...allow an inch over the highest point of the reveals when cutting boards...then dabs your reveals in after.

FreeD said:
why don't you just dab all wall boards on...allow an inch over the highest point of the reveals when cutting boards...then dabs your reveals in after.

its all about getting the margins the same in the window frame mate (the set square with a notch cut out).
and it is better to cut reviels to the same size first then stick them and then stick wall. that way if the window is not in square with the wall you wont get one reviel wider than the other one. then all reviels and margins will be the same throughout the house ;)

refina sell an adjustable reveal square which you can rule your angles off with if floating and can be used for boards made from stainless steel

kirk johnstone said:
FreeD said:

its all about getting the margins the same in the window frame mate (the set square with a notch cut out).
and it is better to cut reviels to the same size first then stick them and then stick wall. that way if the window is not in square with the wall you wont get one reviel wider than the other one. then all reviels and margins will be the same throughout the house ;)

Yep see what your saying m8 will give this method a try on next one I do...thanks

grand wizard said:
dont know how to just go to their website

for future reference mate to post a link you just go to the site find what you want the click and drag the mouse over the address bar, this will highlight the address then you right click and choose the option copy, then you come back to this site and when you are writing your post just right click again and choose option paste
and thats it job done ;) hope this helps mate

Piece of timber with an oval nail knocked in the bottom will do exactly the same and guess what, comes free on most sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.