does anybody no the answer to this??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you new what you were talking about and had the experience you would have come across what im talking about and have the answer. never mind maybe in a few years

if you new what you were talking about and had the experience you would have come across what im talking about and have the answer. never mind maybe in a few years
Yeh beddy you just ain't experienced enough to get tiger stripes,:-0:RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_scared:

Last edited:
I have just read thread this from start to finish.

To be truthful I am f****g gob smacked.
Now I am no NPS fanboy, but ffs, just get on with that advice.
It isn't rocket science as previously said, it is bad practice mate; like Beddy said, you either don't now what the f**k is going on or your just too rough.
You should when laid in not see ANY f****g lines whatsoever before you trowel up.

On a constructive note, get your trowel worn in, I've spent hours knocking the edges down in past.

I am afraid I can,t keep my gob shut any more.

Rock on!

Hey FM thanks,

The stars are just a feature of the vbulletin board framework.
They are activated by Danny in his admin panel, you can have any small graphic to be honest.
They are triggered when a set of circumstances is reached, obviously posts, rep or thanks I guess.

So like others have said " they are useless", which makes me kind of sad:-( because I wanted to be special!

Rock on !

Hey FM thanks,

The stars are just a feature of the vbulletin board framework.
They are activated by Danny in his admin panel, you can have any small graphic to be honest.
They are triggered when a set of circumstances is reached, obviously posts, rep or thanks I guess.

So like others have said " they are useless", which makes me kind of sad:-( because I wanted to be special!

Rock on !

Dont you ever let anyone tell you your not special mate

Rock on !

story

Whats the story with this super flex skimming trowel everyones raving about?Any of you guys use them & if so what are the benifits or any hang ups?Sorry for high jacking your thread but can't seem to post my own!

Plastering is one of those things you kinda have to work out for yourself, you need to get a feel for how it works, the plaster will tell you when to go over it and what needs doing to it.. (Not quite "oi ya ****, a little bit of water perlease" but you get the idea).

Trowelling too early shouldn't cause the problems your having, OVER TROWELLING it too early will, so be careful, don't just play with it uneccesarily, but as you say you are trowelling "dry trowel, dry trowel.... letting it firm up..." are you leaving it too long after your second trowel?, you shouldn't ever 'let it firm up' you are working the plaster at the right times as its going off, there is no 'written rule' about how many dry trowels or wet trowels you should do so ignore anyone telling you any bullshit like that.. just make sure you are getting on it at the right time, mis timing one trowel up can cock up the whole set big time.

cheers freerider. i think ive cracked it now tho. let me no what you think of this. i realised i think i let it go too hard for the final wet trowel i let it go so it was pretty much hard so when i went over it with the steel it made little hollows of around half a mm all over the wall. i tried it just one dry trowel let it pick up a little after that and go over with a wet one seem to be much better but there is still the odd hollow every now and again. do you have any advice on timing? as in what hardness the plaster should be when troweling and am i right if its gone too hard ive missed the final trowel?

a final hard trowel should sort it though i see it alot when plasterers jump on it 2 early give it a hard cross trowel and see if that helps out mate

Hi everyone, I've been having problems when it comes to troweling up I've asked so many people and noone can give me an answer to why its happening was wondering if someone on here new, basically I lay my first coat on flatten it in throw second coat on dry trowl dry trowl again I get it so its hole free and most lines are out then soon as its gone qquite firm and ready for polishing I spray a little water start to trowel and I get these littles hollow dips in my finish and no matter how much I trowel them they never come out I've tried everything to stop it I've tried leaving it longer to go off, tried using no water but nothing seems to work. Its so annoying it just spoils my work. If somone could help us out would be appreciated

Ankers i'd try going on a bit earlier with your water. One flatten filling hollows as you go should be enough then on with the water. I find if i leave it too long this can happen but a few hard trowels should even it out.

If it is a stainless trowel I have had a couple which have lost there shape, I tend to change mine every two years . And one other thing we are not all built to use large trowels myself 13" does me.

Never heard of a trowel losing its shape unless its been dropped or damaged, for me the longer you have a trowel for the better it is, just my opinion
as for your problem,give your trowel a good sharpen with a oil stone or sharpening block, check the shape and bend it into shape by applying pressure, if your trowel is ok it could be tiger stripes, use a fresh mix for laying down

If all else fails try an electric trowel :RpS_thumbup:

897642_KA3002.jpg

:rolleyes) :RpS_lol:

Whats the story with this super flex skimming trowel everyones raving about?Any of you guys use them & if so what are the benifits or any hang ups?Sorry for high jacking your thread but can't seem to post my own!
Over-rated. The corners bent up after a few days of flattening out and left lines. The steel is too flimsy in my opinion,your better of spending extra money on a decent trowel.

Your troweling up to soon and pushing to hard, I get the tiger stripes some times when I'm doing a small set. When you see then make note of where they are and come back to them. I've had the same trowel for 13 years still use it for skimming, still good, just got new one and breaking it in at mo, but I love me old trowel so I don't think it's your trowel bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.