does anybody no the answer to this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you're laying on properly. Are you overlapping your strokes properly, are your strokes consistent all the time with equal pressure?

I remember seeing people lay on like fcking spiders, all over the place, nothing methodical or consistent about their style. The finish suffers as a result.

sounds like your first coat is to thick and second to thin you can trowel it with no water just a bit on your trowel if you catch it right tight first coat and same for second you wont get stripes

i tried something different today, i bought some board finish and layed it on a lot thinner and got it as flat as possible flattened in twice let it go quite firm the layed second coat on troweled twice then went on with not much water, never got any tiger stripes apart from around the light switch, better result but still annoying when they come. has anyone got any tips on how to trowel them out?

thats right thats right thats right funcking hate those tiger stripes :)

never had them so cant help ya

i tried something different today, i bought some board finish and layed it on a lot thinner and got it as flat as possible flattened in twice let it go quite firm the layed second coat on troweled twice then went on with not much water, never got any tiger stripes apart from around the light switch, better result but still annoying when they come. has anyone got any tips on how to trowel them out?
strike up a friendship with some easi fill 20:RpS_thumbup:

go back on yer 2 week course and ask

if u get a stripe hold your trowel a bit flatter to the wall. also dont trowel over the same bit over and over.

how many bloody trowels are you giving it. trowel the first coat twice?? then 2nd coat then flatten again twice?? who taught you to plaster out of interest? how much you putting on a hit and how many hours is each hit taking??

i normally trowel first coat once was just trying it twice to see if it had an effect on tiger stripes. each set normally takes me 2 1/2 hours. i got taught by another plasterer worked with him for 2 years but never came across them with him. ive read a lot of things about them on here lot of people are blaming the plaster. cant be right surely?

ffs skimming is not rocket science thats why all the chancers and firemen are doing it .1. lay your first coat on .2 let it take up untill it is still wet but wont leave marks when you tough it. 3 then dry flatten with your trowel ,don't apply to much pressure just get the lines out and fill any hollows.4 second coat mixed a bit wetter than your first but make sure it is as neat as you can make it again try to limit the lines and hollows when you put it on then let it take up again .5 first trowel,not to much pressure and a little or no water and try not to remove to much finish ,use any on your trowel to fill any imperfections you see.6 second towel when you think its ready but not straight after the first . 7 let it go off a bit more then a dry trowel in a vertical direction then finish with a cross trowel keeping the trowel clean and wet {wipe edge with a brush} at all times. Job done move on and dont keep playing with it. P.S if this still does not work give it up or try a sponge i understand they are very popular with some bods on here.

seems to me like your lot are doing far far too much fncking about with it!!! slap it on face it up, a couple of trowel overs and its perfect...... jeees:RpS_mellow:

tied something new today on an old lime reskim. mixed up pva 1:3 then added one or two parts stabiliser instead of doing them separate. worked a treat

Use a stick you don't get stripes because you put less air in

It has absolutely nothing to do with the air content.

It happens mostly because the temperature of the water used is too high. Warm water separates the fats from the aggregates in the finish leaving an inadequate blend which is shown whilst trowelling...I thought you knew your sh1t David?

what about a Mr. Bean. Cover up all the bits of the room in newspaper, mix a bucket up and strap some explosives to it. Then you could flatten it ok?

tried that worked on the walls but there was extensive ceiling damage:RpS_crying:

trowel not worn in enough and playing around with it while its still wet by sounds of it mate. let it go off and dont play with it.

Yeah, could be going over the same spot too much. Aim to sweep over each bit of your wall only once, it will increase your speed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.