does anybody no the answer to this??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankers

Hi everyone, I've been having problems when it comes to troweling up I've asked so many people and noone can give me an answer to why its happening was wondering if someone on here new, basically I lay my first coat on flatten it in throw second coat on dry trowl dry trowl again I get it so its hole free and most lines are out then soon as its gone qquite firm and ready for polishing I spray a little water start to trowel and I get these littles hollow dips in my finish and no matter how much I trowel them they never come out I've tried everything to stop it I've tried leaving it longer to go off, tried using no water but nothing seems to work. Its so annoying it just spoils my work. If somone could help us out would be appreciated

Alright bud?Are you Layin in second coat to soon mabye? Is it just when skimmin boards or finishing on an undercoat?

been plastering 2 years, using 14 inch trowel and happens on both backgrounds. ive left it longer to go off and not as long but still having same problem

If it is a stainless trowel I have had a couple which have lost there shape, I tend to change mine every two years . And one other thing we are not all built to use large trowels myself 13" does me.

Hi everyone, I've been having problems when it comes to troweling up I've asked so many people and noone can give me an answer to why its happening was wondering if someone on here new, basically I lay my first coat on flatten it in throw second coat on dry trowl dry trowl again I get it so its hole free and most lines are out then soon as its gone qquite firm and ready for polishing I spray a little water start to trowel and I get these littles hollow dips in my finish and no matter how much I trowel them they never come out I've tried everything to stop it I've tried leaving it longer to go off, tried using no water but nothing seems to work. Its so annoying it just spoils my work. If somone could help us out would be appreciated

sounds like tiger stripes...does it look like streaky bacon?????????

yes think they are if you run your hand over them you can feel the bump or sometimes it dips. whats the solution for them. they only really show once its gone quite firm

Sounds like you just have not timed it right with your troweling, if you do not have it perfect before you wet trowel your troweling with fat.

I find if you get your first coat nice and even, then it all dries in at the same time then your lay in coat goes on nice and flat, for example: if an apprentice is being tought, his trowel action can be a bit erratic, thin and thick areas, scrape-scratch noises when hes puttin it on. Then when Layin in your second coat it is on drier and wetter areas. tiger stripes occur on the wetter areas. I have done Walls with the apprentice half and half and his side shows tiger stripes and my half none, hope this makes sense ankers??? Lids are worse for the young uns. lol .... Lots of opinions in here for tiger stripes, so that's mine:RpS_thumbup:

When everything was float + skim you learned how to hold your trowel when you were scraping down the float coat. Too hard and it would dig into the wall and bite your wrist, too gentle and you wouldn't clean the surface properly for the top coat. If your floating was shoit you would find it hard work when you scraped it down. If you learned your craft that way, maybe that's why you can feel a badly built wall when you start putting the gear on :RpS_thumbup:

have to say iv only ever seen a handful of people that leave a nice floated wall, flat with no holes. dont get it when people dont fill the holes.... i did some internal s and c today. first time in a couple of yrs at least. so much better than the s**t we do most days now

so you lay it on then flatten then second coat THEN dry trowel THEN another dry trowel, you get it so most lines are out :RpS_scared: mine would be just about finnished by then and if it had any lines in by this stage id be applying for a job down at the ASDA warehouse.

once youv given it the first dry trowel use the water after then

so you lay it on then flatten then second coat THEN dry trowel THEN another dry trowel, you get it so most lines are out :RpS_scared: mine would be just about finnished by then and if it had any lines in by this stage id be applying for a job down at the ASDA warehouse.

once youv given it the first dry trowel use the water after then

everyones diff but once its on i spatch leave it 2 firm then spatch again then brush -trowl then when its changing wet-trowel again and iff im showing off give it a third when changed (not often tho)

how much u throwing on im thinking ur flatning in 2 quickly remember ur working WITH the plaster not the other way round

Status
Not open for further replies.