Do you know why they put rubbers on pencils!

Members online

hail hail

Private Member
If ya don't know, well it's because us simple c**ts can make mistakes St times. That's what I've told myself tonight.

Was up from half 6, paper work getting my tax sorted until 11 tgen had to source materials for other job im on so didn't start to half 12. Building a sq stone pillar same as other side 36x36inch x 1.9m high. Everything going good building away and even stayed until 7 because of the late start. Was well happy with the amount of work I got done.

Tidyed my joints, cleaned mixer and put tools away. Looked at pillar one more time before home and something just didn't seem right. Went got the tape from the van and turns out the f**k**g pillar is 32x36inch :hueco:. I just got in van and drove home in disgust!!! School boy error and honestly dont know how I did it lol. Have to go in in morning and take it all down and redo it to right dimensions:risas:.

6.5 hours work for nothing and few hours in morning rectifying it. All this while under pressure with so much work:frio:

Just putting it down to honest mistake! Nobodies perfect so what about yourselves, what balls up have you done in your work life.

Last edited:
I was working at a place a few years back and there was a painter there painting the pebbledash with a roller. It was quite windy like and before he even noticed next doors beamer was covered in paint. I t looked like dandruff. He panicked and was trying to get it off with rags and water and the alarm went off on it but they weren't in so he couldn't switch it off and then the neighbours started turning up asking what was going on. He just drove off in the end and left his ladders and buckets there.

Was doing a ceiling for a lady last year , she had a middle door after the front door, you know the ones that are 95% glass.

Done the ceiling for the lady perfecty aware of these doors and there ways of slamming as soon as you open the front door.

Anyway finished the job all lovley and nice she was over the moon, last job was to wash the path down before I left , filled my bucket up walked to the front door forgot to shut the middle door opened the front door and bang. Glass everywhere.

She didn't mind but I still payed for it to get re glazed so in essence she got a ceiling skimmed and some new glass for free.

Reactions: Pug
Back in 2005 we did a gable in mono on the worng house lol. My mate give me the directions it's was his job he forgot to say that there was an other house being built on the same road. It still makes me laugh when I think of it.
My brothers old boss coved the wrong 4bed house on a new build site one Saturday and went mad at the site agent who said he hadn't been in !

Was labouring in a gang at a big hospital went to fill water butts up carried on working away them heard all this screaming about hour later yes you got it I flooded the hospital was a bad drive home in the van with the blokes let me tell ya

Was labouring in a gang at a big hospital went to fill water butts up carried on working away them heard all this screaming about hour later yes you got it I flooded the hospital was a bad drive home in the van with the blokes let me tell ya

Happened on a site we were on in the boom on the fri before 6 houses where to be shown to new owners. Houses where all finished out apart from some stupid f**k**g plumber f**k*d up on all 6 houses. Don't know how it happened but somehow when the water was turned on, 6 houses flooded with from the attic tank. They turned up on sat morning just before the viewings and noticed it. Turned water off, closed curtains and told the new owners the guy with the keys went on holiday with the keys and couldn't view to next week.

All that week ceilings had to be pulled, plastered, painted and dehumidifier in all then drying out.

One time on a renovation (the same one that I put the pics of the repro stonework up in another thread) we were doing the gable of a farmhouse in white sand/cement, I loaned the mixer to the labourers who were doing work with grey sand cement.

I was needing it back rapid so when they brought it back saying "you`ll need to give it a good clean"; it was in one ear and out the other, mix on rapido and then I seen the error of my ways when 2nd mix was 3 shades lighter. Whole gable needed redone and lesson learned. 6yrs ago and I still cringe!!

Re-rendered a bungalow once and the bell cast on the head meant the window didn't open !

Was majorly lucky that it was only a Couple mm. got a Stanley blade and gently filed the bead down till window just opened ! Phew!