Detached rendered house, kango and replaster

Members online

cooptaza

Guys, have any of you ever been requested to strip of a rendered smooth house and re-plastered. The Plaster is badly cracking all over (hazing) and is boast in a lot of parts. The customer wants it stripped off with a kango and a new scratch coat and a rubbed up smooth render coat,

Is there an easier way

Guys, have any of you ever been requested to strip of a rendered smooth house and re-plastered. The Plaster is badly cracking all over (hazing) and is boast in a lot of parts. The customer wants it stripped off with a kango and a new scratch coat and a rubbed up smooth render coat,

Is there an easier way
If it's blown and cracked everywhere it must come off! No quick fixing I'm afraid thin coat systems can only go on top of mechanically sound surfaces! Couple of kangos and some Joey's and a skip price accordingly (y)

If it's blown and cracked everywhere it must come off! No quick fixing I'm afraid thin coat systems can only go on top of mechanically sound surfaces! Couple of kangos and some Joey's and a skip price accordingly (y)
Thinking that. Cheers pal. Lets hope the key is good when I have it off. Would you recommend a slurry coat or eml for a key before scratch coat

If your going down the sand and cement route depends on surface rendaid is good better than SBR pricey but worth it (y)

Find out why it has cracked. Crazing can be down to application error and wrong specification. But any cracks will need looking into.

Does it have to be sand and cement or could you go down the modern bagged render route?

Let us know so we can advise and spec.