Day rates from other trades

Members online

basset

anybody else get annoyed when other trades ask you for your day rate?

Got a bathroom fitter who wants to know my day rate" I said to him I work on price and like to see the job before just turning up"

It annoys the f*ck out of me as you know there trying to get it cheaper etc! And when they keep asking.

Am I just sensitive about it or you lot feel the same?

anybody else get annoyed when other trades ask you for your day rate?

Got a bathroom fitter who wants to know my day rate" I said to him I work on price and like to see the job before just turning up"

It annoys the f*ck out of me as you know there trying to get it cheaper etc! And when they keep asking.

Am I just sensitive about it or you lot feel the same?
Exactly the same, they are trying to nail you down to rob you on every other job they get.

They get pissed off if you go home before 5pm on a day rate as well, that's another reason I don't do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it is a touchy subject for some people, i never bothered about it when people ask me about it. But then i ask others what they get when all i see is they just sit around and do bugger all, day in day out as it makes my piss boil

we do not work to a clock, we work to a tape measure and a setting time !!!!!!
a price is a price !!! if they do not like it then get some other mug to do it.
anyone can be a busy idiot x

i just tell them our day rate, and it is one job per day. plumbers often want a bathroom ceiling plastered that type of job then it is a full days pay. small jobs my son goes on his own and i have the day off.

i just tell them our day rate, and it is one job per day. plumbers often want a bathroom ceiling plastered that type of job then it is a full days pay. small jobs my son goes on his own and i have the day off.

I would jut rather they say "I have a ceiling yay big how much?"
Rather than asking for a day rate.
As you know some muppets will contact you first wanting a ceiling then while you're there ask you to do something else - then they say well you still did it In a day etc.

Just rather check it out and give them a set price for the job then anything extra is extra!

i must admit it doesn't bother me, if someone wants to know what i charge per "my working day" ill tell them, if they don't like it use someone else

Any experienced tradesman plastrerer electrician joiner etc u should pay the same "day rate" if my mate does a day for me he charge me same as I would him
But of course a plumber can make a packet on a price job n make on materials similar to a spark but every man n his dog are in screwfix now so the "public" know the prices now

Any experienced tradesman plastrerer electrician joiner etc u should pay the same "day rate" if my mate does a day for me he charge me same as I would him
But of course a plumber can make a packet on a price job n make on materials similar to a spark but every man n his dog are in screwfix now so the "public" know the prices now

I disagree, 90%of time I have priced work, but I couldn't give a monkeys what anyone else charges be it more or less. I wouldn't work for less because the guy who has asked me to do a job is on less, that's a big No No

Mind u it makes a difference when u can get that paper stuff called cash instead of taxable figures in yer bank account

I would jut rather they say "I have a ceiling yay big how much?"
Rather than asking for a day rate.
As you know some muppets will contact you first wanting a ceiling then while you're there ask you to do something else - then they say well you still did it In a day etc.

Just rather check it out and give them a set price for the job then anything extra is extra!

i do like to have a look at a job before hand just to work out the materials and costings. some customers ask us just to go and do the job, a lot of our customers not to bothered about the cost.

The only time I ask someone's day rate

Really? o_O

If they're all employed cards in with gear provided there may be a case, not if they're self employed though, that'd be a pretty quick way of going out of business. If you forget the time and cost variation required to qualify, the overheads vary massively between trades. An 'average'gas engineer or sparky is going to need five figure sums tied up in tools. These days renderer will need more people and a machine. I dread to think how much money is wrapped up in the gear I need. Even looking at consumables like saw blades, there's a few hundred a year on that alone.

Then you have professional memberships/accreditation and insurances. Forget the 'nice to have' stuff, just the legal requirements for a one man band sparky is over a grand a year.

i do like to have a look at a job before hand just to work out the materials and costings. some customers ask us just to go and do the job, a lot of our customers not to bothered about the cost.

Yeah I've had a few customers who say just "crack on with it" when the time comes to invoice though I always have a little worry that they will question the price and not pay it! Although it's never happend!

Just dream up an hourly rate.......tell em the clocks running when the key goes in the ignition......until the van is parked at the days end........works for me.

When im paying day rate, i expect the other plasterers to finish at 5 or 5.30. When im getting paid day rate, i start getting depressed at 4.30 when i see a tub of bonding getting mixed

8 oclock start 830 spin up .... 12 oclock set one finished quick lunch spin up for 1230 finish by 3 tidy up and get set up for the next day... day work or price

Asian guy with a knife, I have no doubt this is in the name of Islam the religion of peace

madness.....i knew a plastering contractor director paying himself £400 an hour.
paying lads £2.30 for skimming.
stopping another 4% on top of wages.
I'd only pay a big titted milf that an hour for her services! To be fair the other 55 mins would be awkward small talk??

Everyone's got a day rate if you want to pretend that you don't you're a bit f**k**g weird tbh

oh my god spunky you're back! when did that happen? i may be alone here but i missed you! especially your little gems such as "why can't you one coat you f**k**g lesbian!" funny f**k*r :risas: :boxeador: :hola: