customers who text you

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
its just a sign of the times. employers sack people by text. partners get chucked by text. he probably thought you would be busy. dont see owt the matter with it. but you would wanna start speaking on the phone after the initial contact. been doing some work for a landlord who works in malaysia. have to text him and leave voice messages and send pics all on whatsap. a bit disconcerting. i like to look people in the eye.

Sometimes I give price by photo text if it's just a ceiling or odd wall...saves travelling around at night after work..obviously if it looks like I would have to go see for real I would .I do think some don't know what to say to ya that's why they text cus they are kind of afraid if u no what I mean.
I do the same

A text enquiry is no different to an email enquiry, I had a twitter enquiry for the first time the other day.

I'm sorry I just do not get the issue here, if you want to quote on it phone them if not don't.
An email enquiry is totally different than a txt..
w

I think you need to spend a couple of yrs on a building site mate...learn yer trade from ground up and get some respect for yer trade and your felow tradesmen..

where not tescos with all your business models bollox...were not white coller workers we don't sit behind a pc all day in a warm office drinking tea all day...

we do very physicaly demanding jobs get repetitive injuries and suffer for it in our old age...fook me I rattle with all the tablets I take in a morning just so I can get up and graft and provide for my family...

started at 20 still at it at 4o and trying to earn and make provisions for me and my family for retirement...

you cant do all that for these cloud cookoo land 100 pound a day rates that joe blogs thinks that all we are worth because that's what they get on there cushdy payee salaried jobs...

like I said it doesnt work like that for a self employed tradesman!

anyway will agree to disagree
I've got to have codliver oil tabs,glucosamine sulphate tabs and 2 painkillers and that's just to get out of the bed in the morning been doing plastering 16 years and body is in bits from hitting it hard carrying 2 bags at once etc when was a young spring chicken

An email enquiry is totally different than a txt..

I've got to have codliver oil tabs,glucosamine sulphate tabs and 2 painkillers and that's just to get out of the bed in the morning been doing plastering 16 years and body is in bits from hitting it hard carrying 2 bags at once etc when was a young spring chicken
Like that's old saying goes.What the point of winning the world to loose your health and soul .

Like that's old saying goes.What the point of winning the world to loose your health and soul .
Don't hit it as hard as I used to but don't need to..basicly I'm a greedy b*****d so wen the m2 is there it gets hit 2 of us can easily spread over 100m2 a day to a good standard..in younger days never stopped during day not even for a piss but give oursens a coffee break nowadays..end of day I like my Job don't dread going to work at all I enjoy it got loads of mates who hate wat there do..all plasterers are nutters but its a good living if your good

Don't hit it as hard as I used to but don't need to..basicly I'm a greedy b*****d so wen the m2 is there it gets hit 2 of us can easily spread over 100m2 a day to a good standard..in younger days never stopped during day not even for a piss but give oursens a coffee break nowadays..end of day I like my Job don't dread going to work at all I enjoy it got loads of mates who hate wat there do..all plasterers are nutters but its a good living if your good
It is a good living I'v done ok for my self I pay the bills go for a pint once a week two holdays a a year whith mrs and kids.I'v got two houses .I love the work some days lol.But ther is no nead to push your self these days .what the point to get a film star lifestyle that not going to happen in the plastering world

I disagree, the internet made it competitive, ive had some good low qoutes who've done real good jobs for all different trades....it just means loadsa money who wanted 500 for a room is sat at home at 10.30 am pulling his plonker and wondering if he should re look ast what is fair to make in a day.

By the way not aimed at you at all just a generalisation....a lot of tradesman were guilty of doing over joe public in boom times, on the other hand the poles doing a full room for a ton is harsh on tradesman who just want to make an honest crust.
Never feel guilty for making money... if I want 500 a day I will charge that... if the customer is happy and you are happy it's a fair trade....

No way in God's earth would I bust my nuts for a pittance... would rather sit at home then dig myself a cheap grave :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Doesn't it annoy you with taking calls all day... least with a text you can read it between sets...

Or would you rather the call at 8 at night as the customer does not want to pester you when you are driving then gives you an our to spend time with your family...

Lol a simple text means it leaves you in a position to call :) unless they are being tight

Doesn't it annoy you with taking calls all day... least with a text you can read it between sets...

Or would you rather the call at 8 at night as the customer does not want to pester you when you are driving then gives you an our to spend time with your family...

Lol a simple text means it leaves you in a position to call :) unless they are being tight

I do..I also got my headphones on stand by so I can talk at same time as work but it slows u down..my email is not on website or shown on purpose,I will give it to people if they ask but don't have time to check email after work..
But any of u want to email me it mrgayuk@gmaill.co.uk

It is a good living I'v done ok for my self I pay the bills go for a pint once a week two holdays a a year whith mrs and kids.I'v got two houses .I love the work some days lol.But ther is no nead to push your self these days .what the point to get a film star lifestyle that not going to happen in the plastering world
100m2 is going easy to be honest..peice of piss tho nowadays doing 100m2 with speedskims etc defiantly found it easier on the hands/fingers since s*p*r*lex have come out etc

Yes agree, nine out of ten its women who text but they love it.

I had a woman pester me by phone last month. 3 times I went round her house to discuss different insulation requirements in her vaulted kitchen extension.

The only text was to inform me I wasn't doing it .... and that pissed me right off.

I had a woman pester me by phone last month. 3 times I went round her house to discuss different insulation requirements in her vaulted kitchen extension.

The only text was to inform me I wasn't doing it .... and that pissed me right off.
I bet most don't even bother letting you know.

I bet u half of them just what the info.If she phones or tex u again tell her about this site lol

I see your of one of those lol
1 of what? Putting 100m2 on? Come down 1 day and il show you if we don't put 100m2 plus in day on il pay ur wage for day if we do you pay ours? 100m2 is about 8 bags as you get more than 10m2 out of a bag 8 bags between 2 spreads is no mean feat

It's easy I don't see why it isn't,was on a job recently and there was 83 sqm2 in a student accommodation each room and did 2 a day with a young lad not with a fully fledged plasterer..it is a hard days graft but surely most of guys on here can put 100m2 in day if its there..its 8 bags!!!!

Anyone can do 100
1 of what? Putting 100m2 on? Come down 1 day and il show you if we don't put 100m2 plus in day on il pay ur wage for day if we do you pay ours? 100m2 is about 8 bags as you get more than 10m2 out of a bag 8 bags between 2 spreads is no mean feat
Are you saying 100m2 a day for 2 plasterers or u do 100 aday for 1 plasterer.

Ok you just said 100m was easy, so it sounded like you was saying you could do 100m on your Todd.

I tell you what's damned rude though, is working on a Sunday and the client does a fry up and doesn't offer you so much as a baked bean :(

Last edited:
Ye its worth it 100m2 is pretty standard for a spread for 2 spreads in my opinion it's a easy day
Ye its worth it 100m2 is pretty standard for a spread for 2 spreads in my opinion it's a easy day
Did u say u take painkillers for pain ? And u still kill your self if done your money u should b taking it easy .No point b the richest man in the cemetry

Did u say u take painkillers for pain ? And u still kill your self if done your money u should b taking it easy .No point b the richest man in the cemetry
That's point I'm getting at 100m2 is piss easy..that is taking it easy between 2 men

Status
Not open for further replies.