customers who text you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree an initial phone call is polite...I had sum numpty text an open text that was sent to multiple plasterers in our are a while back basically asking who could do a living room the cheapest...

fukin libertys...2 things have killed the tradesmen in the past 5yrs 1 the recession and 2nd the internet...

I believe the faceless cloak and dagger culture of the internet snidey little c**t faced spotty twatfaced youngsters group sending all there little pathetic 2 bob bit jobs have damaged our trade/s no end!!!

I agree an initial phone call is polite...I had sum numpty text an open text that was sent to multiple plasterers in our are a while back basically asking who could do a living room the cheapest...

fukin libertys...2 things have killed the tradesmen in the past 5yrs 1 the recession and 2nd the internet...

I believe the faceless cloak and dagger culture of the internet snidey little c**t faced spotty twatfaced youngsters group sending all there little pathetic 2 bob bit jobs have damaged our trade/s no end!!!
I disagree, the internet made it competitive, ive had some good low qoutes who've done real good jobs for all different trades....it just means loadsa money who wanted 500 for a room is sat at home at 10.30 am pulling his plonker and wondering if he should re look ast what is fair to make in a day.

By the way not aimed at you at all just a generalisation....a lot of tradesman were guilty of doing over joe public in boom times, on the other hand the poles doing a full room for a ton is harsh on tradesman who just want to make an honest crust.

I disagree, the internet made it competitive, ive had some good low qoutes who've done real good jobs for all different trades....it just means loadsa money who wanted 500 for a room is sat at home at 10.30 am pulling his plonker and wondering if he should re look ast what is fair to make in a day.

By the way not aimed at you at all just a generalisation....a lot of tradesman were guilty of doing over joe public in boom times, on the other hand the poles doing a full room for a ton is harsh on tradesman who just want to make an honest crust.
The intetnet has made sitting at home at 10.30 in the morning pulling your plonker much more interesting.

your talkin bollox mate...providing someones given a price before work commences they haven't robbed anyone...the potential customer has the right to decline and get additional quotes...

to many people think that what a tradesman comes and charges for a job relates to a day rate for 52wks a yr...IT DOESNT...

the running cost for being self employed dilute every profit on all jobs by at least 40%...

ive never robbed anyone in my life I charge what I believe is fair to both me and the customer and I genuinely believe this is what 99% of plasterers do..

you've answered you own argument really as you need to earn in boom/good times to cover you over slow times just like you need to earn enough to cover non working days etc plus pension provisions etc...

An example back in 2008 I wanted a cooker wire running from mains about 6 meteres of cable, under floorboards then dropping down and chased in behind the cooker....cost of materials was 6m of cable, worth about £3 I got quoted from 3 quotes £350, £475 and £600. in the end got a book and did it my self in about 3 hours.

your talkin bollox mate...providing someones given a price before work commences they haven't robbed anyone...the potential customer has the right to decline and get additional quotes...

to many people think that what a tradesman comes and charges for a job relates to a day rate for 52wks a yr...IT DOESNT...

the running cost for being self employed dilute every profit on all jobs by at least 40%...

ive never robbed anyone in my life I charge what I believe is fair to both me and the customer and I genuinely believe this is what 99% of plasterers do..

you've answered you own argument really as you need to earn in boom/good times to cover you over slow times just like you need to earn enough to cover non working days etc plus pension provisions etc...
Read my post I didnt say you robbed anyone, maybe you should wind your neck in. I said the internet made it competitive, nothing wrong with trades (as any proffesion) being forced to sharpen their pencil a bit

An example back in 2008 I wanted a cooker wire running from mains about 6 meteres of cable, under floorboards then dropping down and chased in behind the cooker....cost of materials was 6m of cable, worth about £3 I got quoted from 3 quotes £350, £475 and £600. in the end got a book and did it my self in about 3 hours.
How much did you charge!

that's your choice doesnt make there prices wrong...

I might quote for example 400 for a particular living room..another plasterer 250 and another 600....

that's the nature of the beast..

But it's what you pay a professional for!.
If you can do it yourself then why pay it?
A lot of people can't so that's why we have work!
You surely can't run a business with that mindset?
That wasn't the price for just 3 hours work, that also goes towards the running costs of the company, etc etc.
Plus it's electrics you pay premium as your not meant to touch it!

But it's what you pay a professional for!.
If you can do it yourself then why pay it?
A lot of people can't so that's why we have work!
You surely can't run a business with that mindset?
That wasn't the price for just 3 hours work, that also goes towards the running costs of the company, etc etc.
Plus it's electrics you pay premium as your not meant to touch it!

Maybe we just have differrent view points but that is my view, the chap who wanted 600 is an electrician not a surgeon didnt desevere 200 per hour...if thats what he needs he should look at his business model and overheads. Also it was me who did 3 hours porobably hour and a half for a pro. Boom times made people greedy...dont want to fall out with anyone so ill leave tis thread alone on that note. I have no problem with people charging a good wage for a good job just think the opinion that the internet broke everything is wrong just meant people had to work a bit harder at pricing. After all everyone on here is still in business so cant be that broken

Read my post I didnt say you robbed anyone, maybe you should wind your neck in. I said the internet made it competitive, nothing wrong with trades (as any proffesion) being forced to sharpen their pencil a bit

w
Maybe we just have differrent view points but that is my view, the chap who wanted 600 is an electrician not a surgeon didnt desevere 200 per hour...if thats what he needs he should look at his business model and overheads. Also it was me who did 3 hours porobably hour and a half for a pro. Boom times made people greedy...dont want to fall out with anyone so ill leave tis thread alone on that note. I have no problem with people charging a good wage for a good job just think the opinion that the internet broke everything is wrong just meant people had to work a bit harder at pricing. After all everyone on here is still in business so cant be that broken

I think you need to spend a couple of yrs on a building site mate...learn yer trade from ground up and get some respect for yer trade and your felow tradesmen..

where not tescos with all your business models bollox...were not white coller workers we don't sit behind a pc all day in a warm office drinking tea all day...

we do very physicaly demanding jobs get repetitive injuries and suffer for it in our old age...fook me I rattle with all the tablets I take in a morning just so I can get up and graft and provide for my family...

started at 20 still at it at 4o and trying to earn and make provisions for me and my family for retirement...

you cant do all that for these cloud cookoo land 100 pound a day rates that joe blogs thinks that all we are worth because that's what they get on there cushdy payee salaried jobs...

like I said it doesnt work like that for a self employed tradesman!

anyway will agree to disagree

I
w

I think you need to spend a couple of yrs on a building site mate...learn yer trade from ground up and get some respect for yer trade and your felow tradesmen..

where not tescos with all your business models bollox...were not white coller workers we don't sit behind a pc all day in a warm office drinking tea all day...

we do very physicaly demanding jobs get repetitive injuries and suffer for it in our old age...fook me I rattle with all the tablets I take in a morning just so I can get up and graft and provide for my family...

started at 20 still at it at 4o and trying to earn and make provisions for me and my family for retirement...

you cant do all that for these cloud cookoo land 100 pound a day rates that joe blogs thinks that all we are worth because that's what they get on there cushdy payee salaried jobs...

like I said it doesnt work like that for a self employed tradesman!

anyway will agree to disagree
I think youve took offence when you shouldnt...i agree with a good honest wage for good honest work

I wouldn't say the Internet made it competitive.
Id say the Internet drove prices down on the basis that people could post what they had paid for what work was done and then everybody seemed to think that they had to pay the same even being at different ends of the country and def not the exact same job!

Websites like building sheriff, what price, those sort of sites that post bullshit examples.
Also general forums are exactly the same, people mention things.

Competition for me is not that I can beat people on price but that I can beat people on the quality of service I provide from the way I quote for jobs to the way I carry out the work and also the way I provide any sort of after care needed.

Hi james thanks for the price which we accept, can we send you some money in advance for materials etc? I will clear the room for you and there will be tea and cofee in the kitchen with chocolate Hobnobs so help yourself.

Regards
Mr Helpful :fuckyou:

Ive been told via customer feedback.comunucado by text is unprofessional/amature....works both ways:).
personally would rather do the old fashioned speak thing.Initial contact by text fine, then followed up with a phone call(y).....sorts out the time wasters too.

hope you got a sparky in to check it complied with regs :inocente:

Ive been told via customer feedback.comunucado by text is unprofessional/amature....works both ways:).
personally would rather do the old fashioned speak thing.Initial contact by text fine, then followed up with a phone call(y).....sorts out the time wasters too.

Yes agree, nine out of ten its women who text but they love it.

Sometimes I give price by photo text if it's just a ceiling or odd wall...saves travelling around at night after work..obviously if it looks like I would have to go see for real I would .I do think some don't know what to say to ya that's why they text cus they are kind of afraid if u no what I mean.

had a customer text me to ring them if i want to price a job.

cheeky cunts
I agree ther m8 .But u have got to look on the customer side of it to .He or she might think u are busy.And it the easiest way of contact .But I do agree it is a bit rude .Have a look on the job and tex her the price up square then lol

hope you got a sparky in to check it complied with regs :inocente:

Didn't at the time but its rented now so get it checked every year at the same time as getting the boiler serviced.

Status
Not open for further replies.