Customer rant!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jess as landlord I have an across many bad debtors in the rental game. These people are serious defaulters . When they move out it Sickens me with some tenants to check their post and see all the companies chasing them for cash. People like that move on without a look back at you. No dear of ccjs bailiffss etc. So I don't think an ombudsman would work with that type of person.

Last tenant I kick out of one of my flats was a crackhead i was in there decorating one day and a guy from the child protection knocked the door looking for him wasn't happy that he had disappeared with his kid and not given a new address to them found out later he's was on a rape charge this guy passed a agents check?

Just had a phone call saying she will pay half the bill tomorrow. So I said no as you are not happy with the cove I will take the money off the invoice for that and you pay the remainder, then once the cove is to your satisfaction then pay for that. She said no I'm not doing that,

Avoid working for single women! I have had so much trouble with them. Now I tend to price my way out of working for them except for pensioners who are only single because they have lost their husbands. But some of them can be sharks!

Ask yourself? Why are they single?

Just had a phone call saying she will pay half the bill tomorrow. So I said no as you are not happy with the cove I will take the money off the invoice for that and you pay the remainder, then once the cove is to your satisfaction then pay for that. She said no I'm not doing that,

half pay. i bet that will be your final payment! so she did smack you arse then!

Post deleted.

Last edited:

You've got yourself a neurotic woman there mate.............take the half and then deal with the rest when you've got that safely in your possession :RpS_thumbup:

Rigsby this is an open forum so maybe you shouldn't write things like that for cnts like her to see :-0

There appears to be the general belief on here that a tradesman owns the materials until they are paid for, I'm afraid that from a legal perspective, this isn't strictly true!

It all boils down to the legal definitions of "Fixtures" and "Fittings" and the maxim that "what is attached to the land, becomes part of the land"

The rule of thumb used, is that if the item/material has to be destroyed in order to remove it, it is a fixture.

Alternatively, if it can be removed and reused/reassembled elsewhere, then it is a fitting.

Without getting bogged down in detail, plaster can never be considered a fitting and once installed it becomes part of the land/property and therefore the property of the owner. However, if you sold someone a telly which they subsequently didn't pay for, you could legally take it back, as long of course that you have entered the house legally.

Just a friendly warning that if anyone does follow through with this threat, they will most certainly end up paying to have it all put right again.

i like coving , but it is a job that you have to learn. there are a few pitfalls.
we have developed our own method so that we can get perfect mitre every time.

Coving is a piece of piss. Only thick people fcuk it up.
As for this woman, tell her you will send Borat's brother 'Bilo the rapist' round to collect the money later.

There appears to be the general belief on here that a tradesman owns the materials until they are paid for, I'm afraid that from a legal perspective, this isn't strictly true!

It all boils down to the legal definitions of "Fixtures" and "Fittings" and the maxim that "what is attached to the land, becomes part of the land"

The rule of thumb used, is that if the item/material has to be destroyed in order to remove it, it is a fixture.

Alternatively, if it can be removed and reused/reassembled elsewhere, then it is a fitting.

Without getting bogged down in detail, plaster can never be considered a fitting and once installed it becomes part of the land/property and therefore the property of the owner. However, if you sold someone a telly which they subsequently didn't pay for, you could legally take it back, as long of course that you have entered the house legally.

Just a friendly warning that if anyone does follow through with this threat, they will most certainly end up paying to have it all put right again.

But what if you clearly state in your contract that all materials remains your property until paid for in full? This is a statement made before the contract is signed and the customer had a choice whether to accept the term of contract or not.

But what if you clearly state in your contract that all materials remains your property until paid for in full? This is a statement made before the contract is signed and the customer had a choice whether to accept the term of contract or not.
once it becomes a part of the house, then its a civil matter, once you forcefully remove anything its a criminal matter, give a stupid example .you do work for a restaurant, they do not pay, you have to take them to court, if you get food in their restaurant and refuse to pay, you will be arrested

Your right coving is a piece of piss, by the time i have put the gear in the van Andy has it all stuck up.20 mins a room nice 1.

Rigsby, unfortunately the rule of law overrides all clauses within a contract.

A daft (and rather extreme) example would be if you had a clause in the contract whereby you were allowed to give the customer a good slap if they paid up late.

Even if the customer signed this contract, you wouldn't be allowed to issue the said slap, because assault is assault regardless of the contract clause.

Like I said, an extreme example, but you take my point?

Threatening to repossess the materials is a good method of leverage, simply because most customers won't understand the law, however if the threat is carried through and court action follows, you'd be on a loser, sure as eggs is eggs.

as soon as she sed she wouldnt pay for the materials you should hav put them in ur van and not started til u got it your out off pocket now

Status
Not open for further replies.