Customer rant!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

benbosh

Quoted for a job this December just gone, Woman had her artex ceilings re-skimmed (By a local plasterer) and wasn't happy as they were all cracking. She wanted the ceilings overboarded and skimmed, I suggested as there were quite a few cracks running through and some into the cove that she should get a carpenter in to assess the roof structure and joists (Its a bungalow).

She didn't know of any carpenters so I gave her my carpenters number, He went round and counter battoned the ceiling and nogged out the joists. I gave her a verbal quote to board and plaster then cove it all, she agreed and I said let me know when you are ready for us to start. we arranged a couple of dates and she cancelled them at short notice, I eventually got in there last Friday and made a start.

I had emailed her my written estimate a good few days beforehand and it states payment terms ( Material money to be paid once they are on site, money for plastering works once complete and the remainder for my cover once he is complete), She said I wont be about fri to give you the money for materials so I will give it to you Monday. Okay Monday comes she was in and flapping about and started moaning about the plumbers using her electricity to charge his phone! and generally moaning about miniscule things about other trades she had used.

Then she said I have got to go otherwise ill miss my bus, I said any chance of getting the materials money? Oh she said can we sort out the whole amount at the end? Okay then I said (Couldn't really do anything to be fair could I??) I told her we would be finished up Wednesday and the cover will be there Thursday and finish Thursday, so could we meet up Thursday afternoon at the property for payment. She said oh Friday would be better, oh okay then.

Got a phone call from her yesterday saying she isn't happy with the cove as it seems like he has used small bits? (I have worked with the cover for 10 years and in all the jobs he has done for me and I have seen him do his work is good), I asked if everything else was okay and she said well not really there is plaster marks on the door handle on the street door and someone has moved the matt from the backdoor and put it elsewhere. (I meticulously cleaned that place after we finished and I put plastic sheeting over all the windows and doors and put roll and stroll plastic sheeting on the floors) okay I said we can meet up tomorrow and ill get the cover to come along. (Fair enough if it is wrong then he will do it again no problem there!)

I get a call this morning saying she isn't very well and will have to leave it today she doesent feel up to it blah blah my head is spinning I feel really ill, I cant get on the bus today if I had your money here you could pick me up and go to the house but I cant go to bank on the bus and then the house etc etc, I was halfway through putting a hit on so said I am going to have to cut this short as I am working can I text you or call in a bit?, So I text her saying if I pick you up this afternoon can we go to the house and rectify anything you need us too, that way everything is right and I will drop you back while the cover is doing it. then you can bacs me the full amount, her reply was "sorry going back to bed now" so I text back and said "okay can you ring when you get up please". I have heard nothing all day and am p%^$&£d off really.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, I know my missus just said wtf you typing an essay there? Annoying isn't it! to the point of wanting to go round and take everything down and leave it the same as we started, and saying please find someone else bye!

It is a criminal offence to take anything down in some ones house, you could be arrested and fined, funny old world. Best to play it slowly and nicely, be careful what you put in any text message or what voicemail you leave her,also keep as much info as you can, write as much as you can down, prepare as if you were going to court as you may well have to.wish you the best with this..

It is a criminal offence to take anything down in some ones house, you could be arrested and fined, funny old world. Best to play it slowly and nicely, be careful what you put in any text message or what voicemail you leave her,also keep as much info as you can, write as much as you can down, prepare as if you were going to court as you may well have to.wish you the best with this..
Does that include your pants?

What a ****

Remides me of a job i done for my boss, small porch ceiling bloke said he had pulled down the old one ,when in fact i did, and would not pay.so he invited the boss in and once in he pulled it down,the bloke called the law nowt he coud do cause he never forced entry and he only took back what belonged to him in the fist place.

My uncles pal got arrested for trying to take a roof back off, went to court and he lost had to re fix the roof and he never got paid...

Sounds like you got sucked in there op.1st miss of paying is forgive able,2nd then alarm bells should be ringing....see ya later love

I've never had a problem to date, well a couple late payers annoying but nothing major. Honestly don't kno wwhat I'd do if someone flet out didn't pay. Ombudsman I presume?

Jess as landlord I have an across many bad debtors in the rental game. These people are serious defaulters . When they move out it Sickens me with some tenants to check their post and see all the companies chasing them for cash. People like that move on without a look back at you. No dear of ccjs bailiffss etc. So I don't think an ombudsman would work with that type of person.

Shewouldn't have the chance to do that to me after cancelling twice on short notice. And what's the point in having payment terms if youre not going to stick to them. You haven't helped yourself there

If she hasn't paid for the materials they still belong to the plasterer/company.
As long as he doesn't break in he can retrieve them that's not illegal.

Or just get a sledgehammer like this geezer :RpS_thumbsup:

If she hasn't paid for the materials they still belong to the plasterer/company.
As long as he doesn't break in he can retrieve them that's not illegal.

Or just get a sledgehammer like this geezer :RpS_thumbsup:

and where did you get that...............:RpS_wink:....loven the newcastle falcons rugby top....................:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.