Customer complaint

Members online

luke105

I boarded a room ceiling then skimmed the whole room.

The house is 1920's semi detached.

The customer called me once it had dried and said there were some marks.

I went over an yes there were a few marks....about 3. I rubbed them out and that was that.

He's messaged me again today saying he's not happy at all as the walls are bumpy.

I have said I can't make walls 100% level with skim if the walls I'm plastering aren't level.

He wants a refund of 66% of the labour I charged.

I'm hoping someone has had a customer like this and could tell me what happened....or just what I should do.

He also said to an acquaintance of mine that he's going to get a solicitor but this could just be scaremongery.

Thanks

You should know If you did a good job or not? If you did they forgot about him and move on tell him b*ll***s.

If it's not up to scratch then you need to sort it out.

Going to try get some sleep elbow is keeping me awake, it's killing.

My point was some people have too much time on their hands to nit pick at tiny details etc. It could be hes told hus work colleagues about the work hes had done and what you charged him? And they have given him stick saying you ripped him off?? Either way if youve been paid and know you did the job right (which im sure you did) next time he rings you?
12998317_491001964439109_688932674407566683_o.jpg

The job was not over priced I can assure you.

I'm just more worried what he could do when he's talking about solicitors

The job was not over priced I can assure you.

I'm just more worried what he could do when he's talking about solicitors
He cant do f**k all. If he rings you saying hes going to a solicitor tell him your going to get a couple of hired goons to pay him a visit (y)

Its hardly like you did a full house its a single room for a few hundred quid at a guess?? Hes just bullshitting to worry you. Tell him you look forward to hearing from them :birra:

Some people are T***s had one last week did a fire place the skirting line was about 15 MM from floor as they were putting skirting around it got a phone call saying they wasn't doing that anymore and that the flooring didn't cover the gap , job was 15 miles away so I said I can sort it extra 80 quid they tried to blame me for it so I said look you specified skirting 5 inch you changed your mind I've offered to sort it out so you either pay the extra or it stays as it is . They try it on feck them been paid I don't give a feck or have time for idiots ,moral of the story tell him b*ll***s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had one like this a few years back.

Skimmed a wall on a Saturday for like £80, the wall needed bonding then skimming but he said just skim it so I did.

It was flat no marks etc but when painted it had some bumps in it.

He wanted money back I said I can only go to what's there, he didn't want to pay £150 for a rough and set so he gets what he given.

A cheap job is a cheap job end of. If hes complaining about bumps ask him what he expects tor the price charged.

Just give him the data sheet for multi finish showing the thickness it goes on at and also any proof you have of him asking for skimming/you quoted just for skimming and your covered. He won't get a solicitors involved for something that small when it would cost more for them than the job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went over an yes there were a few marks....about 3. I rubbed them out and that was that.

He's messaged me again today saying he's not happy at all as the walls are bumpy.

I have said I can't make walls 100% level with skim if the walls I'm plastering aren't level.

I'm hoping someone has had a customer like this and could tell me what happened....or just what I should do.

He also said to an acquaintance of mine that he's going to get a solicitor but this could just be scaremongery.

Thanks
I've had to go back to loads of jobs in my time,I ain't going to lye..
Fact is you sound to me like you have done a good job , anyone who offers to go back is in my eye's doing a good job .. If you think it's 8/9 out of 10 that's good enough.. No one gets 10 out of 10 on reskim.

Hold your ground
Don't part with any money
Unfortunately there is always someone who has a problem with nothing out there.

I can understand say 50 quid or 100 but 66% isn't something I've come across I will admit

Well I'm trying to say 2/3 of job price.

Trying to hide what I charged so people can't come on here comparing

Thanks

My missus keeps getting calls about a car accident she has supposed of had ....off a solicitors firm trying for a claim.
I keep answeing saying yes she has just shiit herself how much can we claim.
The calls have stopped now.
Tell them the same your shitting yourself you feel your being harrased.

Reactions: Pug
Made me spit tea all over my phone algee. Gonna try that one tomorrow fella!

Just ring British Gas and tell them he offered you cash in hand foreigners whilst using there van etc :D

Just tell the fooker to sue you ... courts will look at who's been unreasonable etc like asking for a 66% refund etc ... the fact you returned to the job to sort 3 marks shows your not ignoring him etc

Sounds a complete c**t but I don't expect different from most plumbers or sparks ... they connect point a to b and think there massively skilled .... the fact they charge more than a spread i'll always find an insult

Made me spit tea all over my phone algee. Gonna try that one tomorrow fella!

I once had them on the phone for half an hour saying she died this morning asking how much can i claim !!!
I bet the cuunts couldnt sleep that night thinking about there little bonus.

Mate it can't be that bad and if you say it ain't we got to believe you we all have the odd customer that tries it on I would just not bother with it you been back once he had a chance face to face and nothing got said so to me that means end of