Credit checks on customers.

On contractors yeh it’s definitely worth checking them out especially directors who could be bump merchants. Joe public tho I dont think there is a way of checking unless your a finance company/bank ect, had one a while back tendered a job an the Qs called me to have a pre start and give an order did a company check and they was f**k*d and when I told em I’d done a check he claimed it was wrong lol they went under 6 weeks later

You boys that sub contract. Do you credit check contractors beforehand?
Had my doubts about a company that want me to do about £8k a month business with them. Paid £30 to Experian today for a credit report on them. It was f**k**g shocking!

Yes like you say its £30 very well spent.

Gotta agree really there’s nothing to say you’re not going to get paid but is it worth the risk maybe not! But then maybe also gives you grounds to pull money at stage payments! One fault and you never work for them again.

Had my doubts about a company that want me to do about £8k a month business with them. Paid £30 to Experian today for a credit report on them. It was f**k**g shocking!
Who was the firm

I done 6 weeks without pay for Merseyside plastering

f**k*d everyone's wages up
I got my money and another gangs

had to work 2 months without pay

never again

Yes always carry due diligence tests on a new contractor that Im not familiar with. Companies house is a good first port of call, if they’ve not got much cash reserve(ignore turnover, it’s just vanity) or directors that have 8 different companies that do nothing etc and as said Experian. I’ve only been burnt once for 16k but that was an outfit that traded well for 70 years, with no warning.