Cream of Tartar

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On site I had met people that could do more than me also without the creme of tartar, so dont bitch bout me coz its true and yes people can do more than that, although I found that there standard of work couldnt come close to mine.
Nowt like a bit of smugness eh?

Yh, not tried machine plastering or even seen anyone doing it, but what i do know is that the end of the day creme of tartar or not no matter how much you put on you still have to run round it flattening it down and trowelling it up. Big areas just kills the body in the long run and i know people that used to chuck on more than me and have shoulder ops already, not good. Look after your body and your body will look after you.

Hahaha tis funny to read comments slating my post, I thought it would ruffle a few feathers after reading posts of people saying six bags was a gd days work. my post was of course for site work and on plasterboard, it is true but it wasnt that I was trying to brag, it was I just couldnt believe that soo many people would think that 5-6 bags was alot to do in a day or people saying that you should do 2 bags in a hit.

What you should do is what you can handle, a good plasterer is one that knows where his limits are and what he can handle. Learning this lesson helps you do a better job and the more you do the same amount whatever that is eventually you will get faster. Those moaning about my apparent brag are either jealous or embarrassed, I wasnt trying to piss anyone off but dont slate someone that can clearly handle more than you. When on site I worked hard and fast, always on my own knocking up, never had help. Float and set once i would get into my rhythm I could average 15-17 bags float and set on my own.

Back to skimming to achiever them said meters I would do 2 5 bag hits picking off the big areas(rooms that is) and then usually would do a third hit of around 2 bags picking off cupboards and small awkward areas. Right now i am usually doing more domestic work and the hint of too many hard days usually some site work my bad back would rear its ugly head or my neck or elbow problems and yet I am only 39.

On site I had met people that could do more than me also without the creme of tartar, so dont bitch bout me coz its true and yes people can do more than that, although I found that there standard of work couldnt come close to mine.

Hahaha, two 5 bag sets followed by a small 2 bag set......mixing on yourself. You are either rough as f+ck or a f+cking liar.

You can buy a retarder Tri-sodium citrate crystal from South Western Industrial plaster supplies which holds it back well for the bigger jobs

i was once told that a hand full of hardwall to a bag of finish holds backe the setting time can anyone tell me if this is true

That's cos some one just gave you that tip in a thread you started, I suggest you have a search an a read through the many posts on this topic and draw your own conclusions

i was once told that a hand full of hardwall to a bag of finish holds backe the setting time can anyone tell me if this is true

That's cos some one just gave you that tip in a thread you started, I suggest you have a search an a read through the many posts on this topic and draw your own conclusions

Stone cold busted.........nailswater would be proud Paul..............:RpS_thumbsup:

Cream of Tartar really does help when you know when and HOW to use it.
I usually only use it when the weather is hot and humid, and usually only for work where I'm using Diamond veneer finish.
Thing with CoT is to use it sparingly, like only a 1/4-1/2 teaspoon to a 5 gallon mix of lime/gypsum plaster, as if you use too much the plaster when set will just craize, crack, then crumble.

Cream of Tartar really does help when you know when and HOW to use it.
I usually only use it when the weather is hot and humid, and usually only for work where I'm using Diamond veneer finish.
Thing with CoT is to use it sparingly, like only a 1/4-1/2 teaspoon to a 5 gallon mix of lime/gypsum plaster, as if you use too much the plaster when set will just craize, crack, then crumble.

welcome to the forum.

you having trouble sleeping mate

I was up till 4am this morning plodding about on be net, then slept on the sofa :-(

Yeah, **** time I'm afraid - 10 years together, 2 wonderful kids and she calls it a day.. Wasn't working and we both knew it. Cap it all off lost my mum in August to cancer. Nice huh. Anyways life goes on..

It's not something I talk about but it's mutual and the kids come first. No hard feeling between us (which was one of the problems - her knees were glued together I think :rolleyes)).

Last edited:
Sorry Rhys, done the split up thing 15 years ago tuff times I'm afraid, If it aim workin then no point goin thru the motions, as long as you sort yourself and the kids, life goes on Marra.as for losin yer mother, you don't get over it.. You just learn to deal with it as time goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.