Crazy walls

duke163

Re-skimmed two walls in an office building last night , didnt seem to be anything wrong with them until flattening the bad one in the first pic and it just slid about on the wall so left it to re-skim tonight . Anyway turns out they had full wall stickers on them previously and they got us in because paint wouldn't stick to them. Nice of them to tell us !

Attachments

• 1506528412475.jpg
    1506528412475.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 418
  • 1506528427214.jpg
    1506528427214.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 406
Pva , we only had one noght to do it and it was site unseen .
One of the office wallas said the same thing happened last time they did it :mad:

I always dig a little to see what's under the top surface before I skim. You only get caught once.. Well so far!

I've pva'd over all sorts of sh#t for over 30 years and that was the first one I couldn't save . If I'd had all day I probably would have let it go off and coated it twice again but it was 9pm.

I had something like that a few weeks ago

Attachments

• 1506763093003.jpg
    1506763093003.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 288
  • 1506763113274.jpg
    1506763113274.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 273
I have been caught out a couple of times
Everyone gets caught out now and again don't care what they say . Worse when ye need to let it pull in but gonna make ye late for picking kids up or summet. or worse still when its playing up n you boomed for a carvery lol

I think sometimes whatever is underneath has degraded.. Example.. Fire damage from 20 years ago was stain blocked. Everything looks fine untill you skim and all this staining appears :wtf: The original stain block has degraded and failed with the wet plaster being applied. Who knows what's under these walls... Live power cables being the worst thing as that goes bang! Happened while I was skimming once. Blew a hole in the wall.. The insulation tape on the cable end had degraded. Old filler. Sealed spots ect all cause suction problems. Guess we get caught out sometimes. As long as I don't get another live tail end again!

I think sometimes whatever is underneath has degraded.. Example.. Fire damage from 20 years ago was stain blocked. Everything looks fine untill you skim and all this staining appears :wtf: The original stain block has degraded and failed with the wet plaster being applied. Who knows what's under these walls... Live power cables being the worst thing as that goes bang! Happened while I was skimming once. Blew a hole in the wall.. The insulation tape on the cable end had degraded. Old filler. Sealed spots ect all cause suction problems. Guess we get caught out sometimes. As long as I don't get another live tail end again!

holy cow... I have been electric shocked a few times on jobs from dumb electricians and home owners