Crap pva

Hello! On really high suction backgrounds pva is not cutting it for me on bigger sets . Does anybody use anything else to control suction better. Sure I read about sbr being used before? If so what ratios please. Advice appreciated. Cheers

I've used sbr to be honest on high suction back grounds doesn't really give any more time

What pre grit do you use? I've only ever found it takes edge off but doesn't kill suction.

This one is great. We used approx 35 tubs on one job and not a single wall pulled in quick. Only ever had an issue with it when its been watered down

Attachments

• IMG_6352.JPG
    IMG_6352.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 284
Funny how I used gyprime over thermalites to hardwall and it barely done anything unless used neat but the sbr worked a treat.

Bond It do a green grit for exterior use its very fine waterproof and let's your gear hang a good while so you can chuck a fair bit on. I pay around £30 just under for 10ltr get great coverage I love the stuff. Blue grit is too coarse and I agree with @Fatarm it does f**k all for suction infact it's f**k**g shite!!

Sorry to highjack the thread, a question I've been want to as @Hicky , when soaking trowels to create forced patina ( I remember you posted some pics and had it bang on) was it just vinegar you used? Cheers bud

Was vinegar and coke mate, heat it up in the microwave till its hot then put the trowel in. Make sure you degrease the trowel first else it wont be uniform. :)