Cracks, Cracks and more Cracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically it's for both solid lines around Windows and doors are not just for air they are for thermal bridging as well you can refer to the white book for this if people think I'm incorrect

Lol just noticed the posts before my last one this place is mad :) it's solid dabs whatever you think or wish it to be, on site its for air testing, you solid dab around all sockets for this reason as well. I agree thermal may come into it around windows and doors that's why you solid dab your reveals and heads but I would say it's more to do with heat loss rather than making it any warmer. You also solid dab In case there is a fire and the smoke will not travel behind the boards before you notice it, the same also applies around gas pipes they need solid dabs all around incase there is a leak it will blow the board out rather than travel behind it. Solid dabs along the skirting is also there so when you fix your skirting you have a solid fix and the board doesn't pull in when you tighten the screw I don't think it gives you any extra thermal values you would ever notice.

Okay boss ..i still sticking to with thermals..

The thermal air off debate

Love it

Well I love it if I'm right..
Lol
Ok so rather than wish your right go out into the World Wide Web and educate yourself as to why your right, then come back and enlighten us with your findings. That's what the forum is all about but loses its way sometimes in silly arguements about who is right rather than what is right. I get a lot of abuse and stick ( which I love) on here sometimes because people think I'm arguementative and say the opposite but I'm usually right ;) and that's not because I guess the answer or make it up or wish it, it's because I have read about it and read about it or done it then done it again but proper :) so go off and educate yourself we look forward to your return xx

Ok so rather than wish your right go out into the World Wide Web and educate yourself as to why your right, then come back and enlighten us with your findings. That's what the forum is all about but loses its way sometimes in silly arguements about who is right rather than what is right. I get a lot of abuse and stick ( which I love) on here sometimes because people think I'm arguementative and say the opposite but I'm usually right ;) and that's not because I guess the answer or make it up or wish it, it's because I have read about it and read about it or done it then done it again but proper :) so go off and educate yourself we look forward to your return xx
Ohhhhhhh... Okay the godfather of plastering...i won't be going to google it or surf the internet I have always done solid lines
I am just a thick dumb plasterer and do what it says on the instructions of products..
Great debate though

All these new products,
Lol
Xx

Ohhhhhhh... Okay the godfather of plastering...i won't be going to google it or surf the internet I have always done solid lines
I am just a thick dumb plasterer and do what it says on the instructions of products..
Great debate though

All these new products,
Lol
Xx
Google debate first

Great debate though

All these new products,
Lol
Xx
Just keep wishing rather than educating yourself :)

I will find the literature for you not to prove a point but to state it gets a whole lot more complicated but the system is designed for air and thermal like you have stated the solid bands around Windows and doors are for thermal hence when people refer to cold spots

Status
Not open for further replies.