Coving question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you do mate thats the whole point, because up until your patronizing post of "Are You serious" you hadn't actually contributed with anything constructive towards the subject, so you wernt giving advice you were being cocky.

There is no right and wrong way mate just other ways, some of which are easier and less long winded, as said it is just standard coving, and for all you know the OP may not be set up for doing your fancy stuff.

I called you a clown because thats how you put yourself across, no ones trying to be tough. you might be better off in the fibrous section where you can use your 36 years experience to advise people on what you think your so good at.

I don't agree with your comment there's no right or wrong way !
I seen something similar where a guy cut the coving in six inch pieces and fixed it to the curve , it looked shite,
I would call that the wrong way ,

Irish Fine Art Plasterwork

ladies ladies ladies.

Us fibrous boys would spin a piece.
You guys who dont do it everyday will do it diffrent,

the spin WILL give the best finish, but aslong as the customer is happy with it be cut and bent, then so be it.

Its not the same as a joiner doing it to skirting because of the way the cornice will sit against wall and ceiling, so cutting the back and bending it, wont give a true bend. it will try and arch instead of curving. some force and filler and it will go.

Think its pretty evident that by saying 5'' it is gyproc cove.. and i know how to run cornice puddove, done plenty , we actually covered it the final year at college aswell, or as some would do, read and copy down out of a book..lol.. i found fibrous a bit boring by the way, remember fibrous boys, plasterers can do you job... you ( most of them ) cant do ours..lol... putting the beer in the fridge for tonites episode..lmao.. oh.. and a girl can run cornice...

It all depends on the radius ,if the radius is say 2 /2.5 m u should be able to bend a bit of cove and make it look reasonable ,if the radius is say 500 mm ish to make it look as it should u would defiantly have to do it in situ or make it on a bench,

Think its pretty evident that by saying 5'' it is gyproc cove.. and i know how to run cornice puddove, done plenty , we actually covered it the final year at college aswell, or as some would do, read and copy down out of a book..lol.. i found fibrous a bit boring by the way, remember fibrous boys, plasterers can do you job... you ( most of them ) cant do ours..lol... putting the beer in the fridge for tonites episode..lmao.. oh.. and a girl can run cornice...

hi cassie just to let you know - can do both solid and fibrous spent years on construction sites before working in fibrous factories
"a good plasterer can turn his hand to both parts of the trade" by the way running in-situ is classed as solid not fibrous :RpS_thumbup:

hi cassie just to let you know - can do both solid and fibrous spent years on construction sites before working in fibrous factories
"a good plasterer can turn his hand to both parts of the trade" by the way running in-situ is classed as solid not fibrous :RpS_thumbup:[/QU

Great.. I;ll rest easy knowing that...

we cant do all the dry bumming yet ryans still busy sucking all the fibrous fellas off all they got to do is say "i just ate and apple" and he wan ks himself into a coma over it..............hear hear hear

you can tell by the OP that he was just after gyproc or equivalent. whoever mentioned fibrous needs a good hiding. he wasn't building the parthenon ffs. and i think in post 17 he agrees to go along with my suggestion. though i hope he doesnt do that blowtorch thing :RpS_scared: the rest is just verbal masturbation about all things fibrous

Status
Not open for further replies.