Coving question

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan read cassie post carefully there a big difference between firsting and fisting its not what you think :RpS_laugh::RpS_lol:

Then explain firstings and seconds - it's purpose

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

lol.. fibrous dont interest me mate, however i will have made and fitted more than you had wanks..lol.. if my memory serves me correctly, firstings are put into the mould, then scrim, battens, placed in then the seconds go on.. something like that.. i did the level 3 your on about starting when i was 18 mate...lol... if thats incorrect, i dont really care, however if i had the inclination, i could read up and sort that **** out.. but i dont..

I enjoy fitting cornice, archways etc.. but making it.. boring as hell.... you would have enjoyed the training years back ryan, if ur into fibrous, we had our own bays, and we had to make cornice and fit to to ceiling walls... run the other two in situ, make and fit a rose, same with freize and dao, then run in situ this like angled work forming a keystone at the centre.. worst thing was when it was marked, knock it all off..lol...

I enjoy fitting cornice, archways etc.. but making it.. boring as hell.... you would have enjoyed the training years back ryan, if ur into fibrous, we had our own bays, and we had to make cornice and fit to to ceiling walls... run the other two in situ, make and fit a rose, same with freize and dao, then run in situ this like angled work forming a keystone at the centre.. worst thing was when it was marked, knock it all off..lol...

oh,, and a circle run in situ.... i would have to get the books out to remember that nowadays, but it was easy enough... fitted tons of ready made fibrous, once took a van load from Aristocast to fit in a house in Aberdeen, included a massive archway seperating two rooms,

shirecliffe mate.... great teachers... loved it.. fukin housing estate now, nearest to us is toytown...

puddove, do you reckon the trainings as good nowadays ? at college i mean, seems way easier now... was like being in Aushwitz when i was there...

puddove, do you reckon the trainings as good nowadays ? at college i mean, seems way easier now... was like being in Aushwitz when i was there...

hi Cassie - if it was down to the tutors /lecturers yes for their enthusiasm and professionalism, but its all down to politics since the government got involved its all down to numbers- similar to you guys on site with price work you either take it or leave it - plus the price of plaster has gone up and the budgets have come down. I served my time at Barnsley college, as an apprentice working on sites and college 1.5 days at college getting the best of both worlds, speed and practical skill on the site, the technical stuff and knowledge at college. But now they are few openings for apprenticeships combine both- that's why there is a void between learning the technical stuff at college and combining with what you guys do on site. It doesn't help with the private firms doing five days training all calling the end products plasterers. We have our hands tied with budgets, and in the near future they will be a shortage of skilled plasterers both solid and fibrous. My main priority is to promote our trade to the next generation, however a great majority of the youth today don't want the hard work that plastering brings.

Well, it's took nearly ten minutes to read all of that. The only thing I dont understand is the tags for this thread tab at the bottom of the page. I was under the impression that words typed the most appeared there. The words dry and bumming dont appear in the tag cloud

I agree puddove... when my apprentice was on day release, it was all about getting them through with a pass, he learnt very little at college.. shame its gone down hill, nowadays in all fields its all about.. no one failing... and the NVQ system is a joke..

You know what the purpose firstings and seconds ? If you don't know then stick with your two weeks solid plastering course :p

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

You need to work on those interpersonal skills. You could come across as some grovelling little lickspittle to anyone and everyone who mentions the term fibrous

Last edited:
haha i must say i thought id seen brown nosing in the past but recently ryans been ridiculous
brownnoser_award_anadi.jpg

and no one slagged ryan off just pointed out the truth, anyone that slightly mentions the words i know fibrous and ryans tongue is so far up there arris hes licking the back of they're throat, theres wanting to learn and benifit from others knowledge then theres just being a cringy suck up.

and frank your comment "are you serious" was hardly constructive and helpfull was it, the fact stands hicky told of a way to get standard cove to do wat the op required it to do, you fibourous nuts jumped all over him saying you "thought it was the cowboy thread" so hicky proved with a picture that what he said is possible and it looked the nuts but you still wont accept it.
ryan also thought then hed try and be a smart arse and catch cassie out but he diddnt .
end of thread close it down FFS:rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.