County Court claim for rusting internal beads, asking for advice.

Just change ye number and play dead
Coward!
FB75CBB6-3186-42C8-A936-672BE887111A.gif

I left it a bit late asking for help, had the hearing today. Got a bit panicked last night getting everything ready and just trying to get something to throw in there. Stated my case about the 2 different types of beads from 2 different suppliers and printed out a bit from a screwfix forum where a painter said his labourer had rubbed down some beads and they'd rusted. The judge said it's hardly evidence but on the balance of probabilities which is what he has to go on it was more likely that the beads were damaged after they were fitted. Case dismissed. The customer tried to say It was only my word but there you go. Think he'd either glued himself to the chair or couldn't move with the shock of defeat as he just sat there as i left. 1 for the underdog. Thanks anyway lads for the replies. Sigh of relief.

I left it a bit late asking for help, had the hearing today. Got a bit panicked last night getting everything ready and just trying to get something to throw in there. Stated my case about the 2 different types of beads from 2 different suppliers and printed out a bit from a screwfix forum where a painter said his labourer had rubbed down some beads and they'd rusted. The judge said it's hardly evidence but on the balance of probabilities which is what he has to go on it was more likely that the beads were damaged after they were fitted. Case dismissed. The customer tried to say It was only my word but there you go. Think he'd either glued himself to the chair or couldn't move with the shock of defeat as he just sat there as i left. 1 for the underdog. Thanks anyway lads for the replies. Sigh of relief.

now go and have a good beer

Already on it. I have to say the look on his face was something else. (He was a nightmare to deal with, never encountered anyone like him) He looked like he'd just witnessed a mass slaughter of innocent people. It was priceless :)

Genuinely shocked that judge sided with you but congrats pal.

The customer wants a grand to get it repaired, don't see why I should pay. Simply that
You should be given chance to repair yourself or find the issue of why it’s happening! And it’s not your fault the beads are faulty ! Did they give you chance to look before the cc claim

I've run a steel trowel down every single bead (got that @John j BEAD) I've worked to for the last thirty-seven years. On top of that I regularly sand down the arris to leave them neat and clean. None of this has taken the galvanizing off or caused the beads to rust. Ever!
My guess is that either the house was left closed up during the winter months and the board adhesive hung wet for too long, I've seen this just once and on just the one bead, or the tosher has gone totally mad and sanded of the galv off. But I'm not sure if that's even possible.
giphy (10).gif

f**k**g Good the customer wasted there money for no reason. All that panic because the painted f**k*d up and probably pointed the finger at you.

Fair play I'm glad it went your way!
Just realised how stupid the whole "don't clean the bead with a trowel" is, as we run our trowel up the bead 5 times+ a set while skimming. I realise it's not quite the same motion but if it was that easy to remove the galv, there would be rusting beads on jobs all over the country.

Chuffed for you mate well done. Put it behind you now and crack on

My point is if another plasterer had shagged our lass and I thought I.ll sand all his beeds so they rust instead of head butting him . I can guarantee I.ll do one BEAD and think neither of em are worth other 39 . Then i.

Your on here that much the plumber , sparkie and painter all had a go on your lass but you never notice lol! :ROFLMAO:

Was it judge rinder or a proper court? He'll have you back in next week on a technicality!! The glove did not fit I'm innocent :ROFLMAO:
3d3d8758ea731bd1664c5c05185f538c.jpg