Council house ceiling help needed please

Haha I charge £120 day rate, work mostly domestic so I’d spend day 1 getting boards up, then easy second day skimming. £240 plus material costs so a lot less than £550. I could charge more but I get more work keeping it competitive.
Do you pay tax?
pills ned GIF by David Firth

Haha I charge £120 day rate, work mostly domestic so I’d spend day 1 getting boards up, then easy second day skimming. £240 plus material costs so a lot less than £550. I could charge more but I get more work keeping it competitive.
£120 a day?
lol fk me I was on that over 25 years ago and guess what I'm 55 n retired now....ye post that like ye fkin proud of it as well....ye gonna be busting a gut like a t**t into ye 70's on that shyte money pal and have fk all to show for it except a dose of arthritis.....charging that kind of money for a skilled trade in 2021 is fkin embarrassing and you drag the whole trade down with you as well u c**t

Yea
£120 a day?
lol fk me I was on that over 25 years ago and guess what I'm 55 n retired now....ye post that like ye fkin proud of it as well....ye gonna be busting a gut like a t**t into ye 70's on that shyte money pal and have fk all to show for it except a dose of arthritis.....charging that kind of money for a skilled trade in 2021 is fkin embarrassing and you drag the whole trade down with you as well u c**t
I suppose, I see what you mean. I have been thinking about charging more but was afraid of losing out on jobs. Just got complacent with it my mistake lol.

Do you pay tax?
pills ned GIF by David Firth
Yea I do I also work in security ( close protection) on the side so most the work I get is cash for plastering so nice little side earner, I’m not sure on which career path I want to head in tbh. Plastering is great and I love the pride you can put into each job but I am torn on what I want to do long term.

£120 a day?
I.d give my right arm for 120 Nd learn to plaster with me left

Yea I do I also work in security ( close protection) on the side so most the work I get is cash for plastering so nice little side earner, I’m not sure on which career path I want to head in tbh. Plastering is great and I love the pride you can put into each job but I am torn on what I want to do long term.
Up that rate sharpish, you’re damaging the trade.

Each to there own but I was thinking the same thing shouldn't take you no longer than 90 mins to board that on your own
Looks like it's less than 5 boards. Even an hour a board gives you a few hours to skim it.

I overboarded and plastered a 20sm 2.5high lath and plaster ceiling yesterday on my tod and was done by 3. Had to cut out a lovely circle too

Attachments

• IMG_20210329_155915.jpg
    IMG_20210329_155915.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 163
£120 a day?
Didn't know you was retired Carl you never mentioned it ;)

Looks like it's less than 5 boards. Even an hour a board gives you a few hours to skim it.

I overboarded and plastered a 20sm 2.5high lath and plaster ceiling yesterday on my tod and was done by 3
(y)That's why you can charge top dollar when you can do that in 1 day,

(y)That's why you can charge top dollar when you can do that in 1 day,
Decent money per day, but it seems chancers and slow bastards actually end up charging more as it takes them so long.

I skimmed over an artex ceiling last week, was about 25sm, charged for a full day and was done by 12 so decent money for 4 hours work. At the end lady said looked great but she was sceptical using me at first as I was the cheapest quote they got as the others said it would either take 2 days, 1st to bond, 2nd to skim, or would need 2 men. 2 other Quotes came in at over £600 each

I just looked up jobs and rates in canterbury - you are undercharging. @8hrs/days your rate is £15/hr, no holidays, pay for your van and accounts, NI stamp etc etc.
Decorators are 18-20/hr, chippies are a bit more, brickies are 200/210 /day. Handymen are getting £17/hr or £25k with their own van, and, 20-25 days paid holiday a year, NI stamp and accountants all paid for by the employer.
There is a Margate plastering firm offering 5-day week £650-750 permenant work and a building firm offering similar, you might not get that much to start but get practiced and up to speed and you could.

You risk your life/permanent injury doing CP, when it's available, then work at £15/hr /120 day.
I suggest you do the hard sums, and make a decision. CP can run out when you get older and leaves no sort of home life/families. Clients are fickle and there is always a fresh set of bodies leaving the services and ready to undercut you.

I just looked up jobs and rates in canterbury - you are undercharging. @8hrs/days your rate is £15/hr, no holidays, pay for your van and accounts, NI stamp etc etc.
Decorators are 18-20/hr, chippies are a bit more, brickies are 200/210 /day. Handymen are getting £17/hr or £25k with their own van, and, 20-25 days paid holiday a year, NI stamp and accountants all paid for by the employer.
There is a Margate plastering firm offering 5-day week £650-750 permenant work and a building firm offering similar, you might not get that much to start but get practiced and up to speed and you could.

You risk your life/permanent injury doing CP, when it's available, then work at £15/hr /120 day.
I suggest you do the hard sums, and make a decision. CP can run out when you get older and leaves no sort of home life/families. Clients are fickle and there is always a fresh set of bodies leaving the services and ready to undercut you.
That’s true bud I will need to look at it and make a decision, plastering has been a side line job for me. Didn’t take it up till I was mid 20s but built a solid rapport and reputation with local community so it’s always been there lol I do love plastering and by all means I would never do anything to hurt our trade! Bad workmanship ruins our trade I believe and chancers unfortunately.

£120 a day?
Horses for courses. one mans £120 a day another mans £400 a day. no one size fits all. Quality of life can never be measured in what you earn, it is what you are.