Corner trowel advice

John j

Mono Don
Whats best way to 100 percent guarantee no groove hen useing these. I get em now and again and really puts me of using em but they save a lot of time .. educate me someone

Worked with different spreads that use them differently. Some use on every pass. For me I'd don't like to use on first pass I just run a small brush down. I wait til set has picked up a bit then I put a blob of stiff gear on tip of corner Trowell then run down. Personally get better results when corner is firmer.

Whats best way to 100 percent guarantee no groove hen useing these. I get em now and again and really puts me of using em but they save a lot of time .. educate me someone

I started a thread called 'corner trowel twitcher tips' ages ago mate. Loads of tips on there.

Worked with different spreads that use them differently. Some use on every pass. For me I'd don't like to use on first pass I just run a small brush down. I wait til set has picked up a bit then I put a blob of stiff gear on tip of corner Trowell then run down. Personally get better results when corner is firmer.
I.ll try that i use em each pass though prefer not to but cant do opposites all time. Lad wont use em . Hates em and to be fair gets a sweet corner with brush

I.ll try that i use em each pass though prefer not to but cant do opposites all time. Lad wont use em . Hates em and to be fair gets a sweet corner with brush
Kick his arse and tell him not to be such a pansy, you have to make him man up and use a twitch

What trouble are you having using a twitch if you have a groove it must be gapped

Attachments

• 6560078C-E771-4F50-9B63-A03EE9ACA3D3.jpeg
    6560078C-E771-4F50-9B63-A03EE9ACA3D3.jpeg
    760.2 KB · Views: 260
I got an old school style Putz angle trowel from P1SS. Takes a bit of getting used to but when you do it’s better than the drywall type.

The trowel like every thing else has to be worn in , i use an internal every coat every pass , using a brush on a internal wet corner wtf lol .

i flatten everthing down then use it.
dont touch it again until near end of set....bear in mind im 1 coating on board work.
each set would be different on differnt backgrounds and plastering....and something i think ...woo first beer all week :birra:

Poor lad suppose to be an apprentice and his boss dunt even know how to use a corner trowel!!!
In my defence i asked how to 100 percent not get a groove . I know guys who been doing it longer then me and who i regard as top plasterers but still leave a groove on some corners . As for lad his corners are cock on he just runs a inch brush down em little b*****d . Anyway he dont need to worry bout corners he.s enjoying doing all big ceilings lol

In my defence i asked how to 100 percent not get a groove . I know guys who been doing it longer then me and who i regard as top plasterers but still leave a groove on some corners . As for lad his corners are cock on he just runs a inch brush down em little b*****d . Anyway he dont need to worry bout corners he.s enjoying doing all big ceilings lol

Don't listen to me mate i always leave a grove!!! Lol

Tried many a corner trowel and the Ragni one gets them right every time. Best angle trowel I have ever bought. Too get the lines out right give it a last corner either just before or just afte you hard trowel the walls and the corners come out sweet :)

Tried many a corner trowel and the Ragni one gets them right every time. Best angle trowel I have ever bought. Too get the lines out right give it a last corner either just before or just afte you hard trowel the walls and the corners come out sweet :)
Got the ragni defo my fav